Back From Serenade Of The Seas

hi im back got back on 4/9 .............. had a fab time it was the first cruise we were ever on! left san juan, went to st. Thomas, st. marteen, antigua, st. lucia, barbados................ great trip and great islands ............. the boat was really beautiful full of glass and color. extemely clean !!!! out window stateroom was petite but we lived. over all the trip was fun only thing i really wasnt happy about was the food in the dining room ........ im only 22 but i grew up with good food my father being a chef and honestly yuck we ate there 3 times for dinner........ once at the buffet which had the same food as the dining room but not bad............ 2 times at the steakhouse and let me say it was amazing really A++++ for the steckhouse great service and food was so tasty..........and the italian place once which had exceptional food and service ! the crew was fantatstic and we met great people !!!!!!!!! we are trying to plan a next cruise to the mediteranean ! we are hooked now ! feel free to ask any questions !

we were on the jewel this past dec (sister ship of serenade) and our thoughts exactly about the food. we ate in the dining room twice and the buffet twice at portofino's twice and at chops once.

we will be on the serenade this dec and i was just wondering what you did at all of your ports. we've already booked the silvermoon in barbados and pineapple beach in antigua. what did you do in st. lucia and st. martaan? thanks

genisis - we were on that same cruise! I saw one of your pre-cruise postings.....you were hoping to get engaged on your trip. did it happen?? if so, I may have met you on the catamaran in st. lucia (we met a couple there who had just gotten engaged).

we had a fantastic time....not a single complaint! we actually loved the food (our entire group of 12 agreed on that!!) - it all depends on your taste buds I guess!! ;)

The weather was fantastic the entire week! - puffy clouds rolled in and out - which provided a bit of relief from the hot sun, but we only had a rain shower late on Friday night. we were leaving the next morning, so it didn't matter to us!

we were on the jewel this past dec (sister ship of serenade) and our thoughts exactly about the food. we ate in the dining room twice and the buffet twice at portofino's twice and at chops once.

we will be on the serenade this dec and i was just wondering what you did at all of your ports. we've already booked the silvermoon in barbados and pineapple beach in antigua. what did you do in st. lucia and st. martaan? thanks

when in dec. cruzobsessed?

just linda

Cruzobsessed: We were on the Serenade in Feb. Awesome ports - awesome and beautiful ship. Agree about the food, but believe me, we didn't starve!!

Just for more info if you want it, in St. Lucia we hired Cosol Tours for a tour around the island. He was awesome, came highly recommended and I would also highly recommend him. Friends of ours did the Silvermoon and absolutely LOVED it. We also had friends scheduled for Pineapple Beach in Antigua, but cancelled once they got there and realized that there were no chairs provided. We did Eli's Eco Tour in Antigua -- incredible. In St. Maarten, we've done horseback riding on the beach with Bayside Riding Club the last two years.

You'll love this cruise. Just wait until you set sail leaving St. Lucia and the captain sails past the pitons - so close - and then spins the ship around. Just amazing!! We loved the day at sea sailing past all the volcanos on the various islands.

I've got pix if anyone's interested!!

Archived