Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Paul Lancaster started on September 21st in NJ. Anna Bass left after the TA

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney started on July 14 for 4 months. Drew Devine expects to join Adventure for the TA on Nov 3.

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks starts Sept 2 until Nov 4. Ken Rush expects to return after his break on Nov 4. Jimmy Rhodes expects to join the ship as CD sometime in February.

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started September 21

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started on July 12 until November 17

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started July 19 until November 24. Activities Manager Leigh Xuereb's break begins November 4 and Leigh expects to return on Nov 24 as Cruise Director to cover Richard's break. Richard expects to return to EX when his break ends (exact return date unknown but a break is typically 6-8 weeks long) and at that point, Leigh expects to be transferred to another (unknown) ship as their CD.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Grandeur OTS - Rich Edwards September 14th until Nov 7

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October (exact end date?) (for feedback on Joff: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1679948)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) started Sept 16

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney started August 21

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started mid-July until Nov 10

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started July 16 (until when?)

Mariner OTS - Steve Davies (dates?)

Monarch OTS - Mitch Merucci Sept 17 through Nov 16. Marc Walker will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 until Nov 3, then Jimmy Rhodes

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews 10/6 until 12/1 (Here's a Washington Post article on Ricky: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...gBW_story.html)

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown started on Aug 31 until mid-December. (They are going home for 6 weeks over Christmas/New Years)

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20 (until when?)

Serenade OTS - James Andrews (dates?)

Splendour OTS - Who is the current CD? *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America (Dec 9th?)

Vision OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 14

Voyager OTS - Gordon Whatman 27th September until January 24th 2013

Joff got off the independence yesterday, I don't know when he will back on though...

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney started on July 14 for 4 months. Drew Devine expects to join Adventure for the TA on Nov 3.

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks starts Sept 2 until Nov 4. Ken Rush expects to return after his break on Nov 4. Jimmy Rhodes expects to join the ship as CD sometime in February.

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started September 21 (until when?)

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started July 19 until November 24. Activities Manager Leigh Xuereb's break begins November 4 and Leigh expects to return on Nov 24 as Cruise Director to cover Richard's break. Richard expects to return to EX when his break ends (exact return date unknown but a break is typically 6-8 weeks long) and at that point, Leigh expects to be transferred to another (unknown) ship as their CD.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Independence OTS - Who is the current CD? Joff Eaton's break started 10/6 October

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) started Sept 16 (until when?)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney started August 21 (until when?)

Monarch OTS - Mitch Merucci Sept 17 through Nov 16. Marc Walker will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews 10/6 until 12/1 (Here's a Washington Post article on Ricky: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...gBW_story.html)

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown started on Aug 31 until mid-December. (They are going home for 6 weeks over Christmas/New Years)

Splendour OTS - Who is the current CD? *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America (Dec 9th?)

Vision OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 14 (until when?)

We will be on the Oasis on the 8th of december.... any word yet on who will be taking over after Ricky? It's sad we will be just missing him, hear hes pretty good. :(

It's interesting how two people can have such different views of CDs- I am doing the happy dance that Ricky is off the serenade when I depart next week!

Different strokes for different folks!

We will be on the Oasis on the 8th of december.... any word yet on who will be taking over after Ricky? It's sad we will be just missing him, hear hes pretty good. :(

No official word, but a guess would be that Amy Fickert is coming back after her break.

DonnaK : my BFF PattyG12 has an email from Drew Devine with regards to his time on Adventure otS : will be there from November 18 until January 13.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney started on July 14 for 4 months. Drew Devine will be on Adventure from November 18 until January 13

Independence OTS - Who is the current CD? Joff Eaton's break started 10/6 October

Thank you DonnaK. We're cruising the FOS July 14th, so Graham Seymour will still be the CD at that time. He sounds fun. Especially if he goes through with his plan to do a "Whose Line is it Anyway" type show. That will be hilarious!

Nicole

He was CD last week on Splendour too.

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney started on July 14 for 4 months. Drew Devine will be on Adventure from November 18 until January 13

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America (Dec 9th?)

I am curious as to whom will be on the Adventure March 10th...we have really enjoyed Graham twice...Ken Rush....both these guys were GREAT!:D

Purely speculation - maybe Leigh Xuereb, who will be covering Richard Spacey's break until sometime in January, and then expects to be reassigned as CD on another ship. The time frame fits...but who knows? lol (If so, you'd be very lucky, because Leigh is absolutely wonderful!)

Purely speculation - maybe Leigh Xuereb, who will be covering Richard Spacey's break until sometime in January, and then expects to be reassigned as CD on another ship. The time frame fits...but who knows? lol (If so, you'd be very lucky, because Leigh is absolutely wonderful!)

I'm looking for a cruise in March. If I knew Leigh was the CD I'd book it for sure ;) I wish I was 30 years younger lol :eek:;):D

I'm looking for a cruise in March. If I knew Leigh was the CD I'd book it for sure ;) I wish I was 30 years younger lol :eek:;):D

You and me both! I have such a "cougar crush" on him! lol Shhh....don't tell anyone! :)

Still trying to find a way to go on Explorer again before he leaves....

Good morning everybody! Just out of curiosity, is there a standard for CDs as far as their time on each ship, months? years?

Do they each have certain ships/ports they can/cannot be assigned to?

Does it depend on what languages they speak?

I think I read somewhere on the thread that their break was typically 6-8 weeks?

I was just wondering all this over my coffee this morning...:rolleyes:

(sorry for the questions, just trying to pass time waiting till my cruise! :eek:)

Good morning everybody! Just out of curiosity, is there a standard for CDs as far as their time on each ship, months? years?

Do they each have certain ships/ports they can/cannot be assigned to?

Does it depend on what languages they speak?

I think I read somewhere on the thread that their break was typically 6-8 weeks?

I was just wondering all this over my coffee this morning...:rolleyes:

(sorry for the questions, just trying to pass time waiting till my cruise! :eek:)

The more senior CD's seem to chose a regular schedule of approx 4 months on followed by a 6-8 week break (for example, Richard Spacey, Ken Rush, Graham Seymour, James Andrews). They can be assigned to the same ship for up to 3 years (according to Graham), or they can be moved to a different ship each time. It seems that the more seniority they have, the more likely they are to be able to request certain assignment lengths and certain ships.

But, this is not totally consistant. For example, Richard was the regular CD on Freedom and on Oasis longterm, then did a short term stint on Adventure before receiving another regular assignment on Explorer longterm. He said that although he expects to keep returning to Explorer after his breaks, he does not get official notification of where he will be assigned until close to the actual date)

There are some CD's who do 8 months at a time onboard, followed by an extended break (like senior CD Dennis Charles did last year). Another example would be Leigh Xuereb, who alternates between activities manager and covering CD on several ships - he has been working steadily since the beginning of May with several different assignments, and he will only be taking a 3 week break in November before returing to EX to cover Richard's break, before moving on as CD of yet another ship (so 6 months on and 3 weeks off). And some CD's only cover breaks, so they really jump around from ship to ship, but only have a short stay each time.

Then, there are some CD's who only work European cruises, or South American cruises, or Asian cruises, and this would be dependent upon the languages they speak. These contracts can be as long as the season, and the breaks can be for as long as the ship is relocation during the offseason.

So, it's really hard to predict who will be CD on an upcoming cruise. And the schedule can change right up until the last minute, so even the CD's themselves aren't totally sure where they will be assigned next, or their exact start/end dates. (For example, it was said that Jimmy Rhodes expected to return to Explorer last May, but ended up being assigned to Legend because "that's where he was needed", and he has been assigned to other ships since then).

The more senior CD's seem to chose a regular schedule of approx 4 months on followed by a 6-8 week break (for example, Richard Spacey, Ken Rush, Graham Seymour, James Andrews). They can be assigned to the same ship for up to 3 years (according to Graham), or they can be moved to a different ship each time. It seems that the more senority they have, the more likely they are to be able to request certain assignment lengths and certain ships.

But, this is not totally consistant.

There are some CD's who do 8 months at a time onboard, followed by an extended break (like senior CD Dennis Charles recently did). Others alternate longer regular assignments on one ship with covering the 2 month breaks on another ship. And some CD's only cover breaks, so they really jump around from ship to ship.

Then, there are some CD's who only work European cruises, or South American cruises, or Asian cruises, and this would be dependent upon the languages they speak.

So, it's really hard to predict who will be CD on an upcoming cruise. And the schedule can change right up until the last minute, so even the CD's themselves aren't totally sure where they will be assigned next, or their exact start/end dates. (For example, it was said that Jimmy Rhodes expected to return to Explorer last May, but ended up being assigned to Legend because "that's where he was needed", and he has been assigned to other ships since then).

Wow, that's pretty interesting actually! Thanks Donna! Have a great weekend :) (with this weather we are having here right now it makes me want to leave even sooner!)

Wow, that's pretty interesting actually! Thanks Donna! Have a great weekend :) (with this weather we are having here right now it makes me want to leave even sooner!)

LOL - you quoted me before I edited and added more info.

Since I've been maintaining this list, I've noticed all different trends. Also, I spoke with both Richard and Leigh about this when I was on my last cruise, plus Graham posts regularly on CC, so I got a lot of insight from them.

You have a great weekend too - it is gorgeous weather here on Long Island!

Archived