Eclipse Concierge GTY price drop??

Monty's Mum

Hi all...I have booked a SV cabin in May for a cruise round the Med and the concierge GTY has dropped to £1500 less than SV cabin price.....so my question is can I upgrade to Concierge GTY even though it will be less money for Celebrity?? We have only paid the deposit so far and balance is due next week. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Yes, if it's before final payment you can make the change. After final payment, at least in the US, you can pay more, but not less, nor can you move to a higher category cabin even if it costs less than you originally paid and you are not asking for a refund. Clear as mud, right?

To explain: if you paid $899 for a balcony cabin, you can add $100 and move up to a CC cabin if they have been discounted to $999. But if you paid $1599 for a CC cabin, and AQ is now selling for $1299, you cannot make that change. These numbers are just examples but the principle is the same.

Yes, if it's before final payment you can make the change. After final payment, at least in the US, you can pay more, but not less, nor can you move to a higher category cabin even if it costs less than you originally paid and you are not asking for a refund. Clear as mud, right?

To explain: if you paid $899 for a balcony cabin, you can add $100 and move up to a CC cabin if they have been discounted to $999. But if you paid $1599 for a CC cabin, and AQ is now selling for $1299, you cannot make that change. These numbers are just examples but the principle is the same.

Thank you CathyCruises.....you have made complete sense.....I have options before the final payments go in!!!! Thanks again MMx:)

yes, if it's before final payment you can make the change. After final payment, at least in the us, you can pay more, but not less, nor can you move to a higher category cabin even if it costs less than you originally paid and you are not asking for a refund. Clear as mud, right?

To explain: If you paid $899 for a balcony cabin, you can add $100 and move up to a cc cabin if they have been discounted to $999. But if you paid $1599 for a cc cabin, and aq is now selling for $1299, you cannot make that change. These numbers are just examples but the principle is the same.

+1.

I have tried to swop into the GTY Concierge room as discussed but was told that as the GTY rooms are only for new bookings only and cannot move to those......its more than likely as its cheaper than the original booking they will not allow it.....I think the States are much better with their customer service and alterations than the UK.....and it seems the states have better cruise prices all round in the first place!!! But hey ho it will not get me down we have a room that we are happy with and looking forward to a good cruise!!! :)

Archived