Freedom PAX Capacity

Just looking at the Freedom details on the RCI site and noticed that the Ship will have 4,370 passengers and a Passenger Space Ratio "PSR" (if I correctly remember what i read on one of the boards on how to calculate it) of 36. I was hpoing they would keep the same pax capacity (or close to it) of the Voyager class and add more public spaces, have bigger rooms, etc...

Voyager Class PSR is: 44

Celebrity Millenium Class PSR is: 44

Don't know, it seems to me this additional cramming of more PAX even if the ship is bigger will make it feel overly crowded...I know the Brilliance class has a similar PSR of 36 and after two trips on her we decided to skip repeating a cruise on her in the future because we could never find a seat for breakfast or lunch easily and there were always long lines...

thoughts?

You are correct about Passenger Space Ratio being lower than on Voyager class. Freedom is nothing else than a for one segment stretched Voyager class.

Mostly more cabins will be put on board, of course some public areas will be new too, but mostly it´s for more passengers.

However think positive, there will be probably a couple of entrances to the dining room and with this of course fewer chances of getting caught when trying to sneak in without proper clothing.;)

More passengers>>>more money spent!

Less passenger to space ratio>>>more money made!

Less crew to passenger ratio>>>much more money made!!

With the mass-marketing by cruise lines these days, and the large number of first time passengers it attracts, many will have nothing to compare it to, and think the lines and "cattle calls" are simply the norm of cruising! Too bad..........

Is there any proof of the passenger/space ratio or are we just speculating. If there is proof can you show it to me?

By the way Admiral sorry for the crud you went through on the Celebrity boards. Some of them just cant politely discuss things.

Is there any proof of the passenger/space ratio or are we just speculating. If there is proof can you show it to me?

From RCCL´s website:

Ship Facts s.gifPassenger Capacity: 4,370

Gross Tonnage: 158,000

Length: 1,112'

Beam: 184'

Draft: 28'

Cruising Speed: 21.6 knots

Passenger Space Ratio = Gross Tonnage / Passenger Capacity

158000 / 4370 = 36,16

By the way Admiral sorry for the crud you went through on the Celebrity boards. Some of them just cant politely discuss things.

Thanks...you are a class act...I regret that on the X board you cannot have an open discussion without personal attacks and rudeness...it defeats the purpose of what the boards are about, discussing the good, bad, ugly and great things about X.

ericknow has the formula correct, the tonnage and pax capacity used in the calculations came from the RCI website.

Archived