Help with Alaska Excursions- May 20th-Mariner

Marpal

We are trying to decide which excursions to take in Alaska. We have not been to Alaska, and also this is our first cruise anywhere. We thought we wanted to go on the helicopter-glacier-dog sled excursion in Juneau but don't want to miss the whale watching and wild life adventure. Is Juneau the best port to go whale watching? But I would love to see the dogs. So many decisions to make. LOL Would really appreciate any input as to what others have enjoyed doing in the different ports.

Martha

Our favorite excursion was the Salmon Dinner and flightseeing at the Taku Glacier Lodge. It was pricey, but, it was the highlight of the cruise. The Plane seats 6 and it's all narrated. It was tje most beautiful scenery that it takes your breath away. It was in Ketchikan, I think

We were on a float plane that seated 8. Unfortunately, one of the seats is a half seat, and yet they still put a full size adult in it. But after landing on a secluded lake and pulling up to a grizzly bear only 150 yds away, it was all worth it.

We did the whale watching trip in Juneau and it was over the top. Orca's were swimming under our boat (motor off of course!) and there were at least 4 of them "playing" with each other. Not to be missed.

Wayne,

thank you so much for the info! I think if we got to see a grizzly my son would never stop talking about it!!!! we've been to Alaska on 2 cruises but never saw a bear or a whale - still loved it though - we are trying all "new" excursion choices this time - we are flightseeing in Juneau & Ketchikan - we are travelling with 3 friends so that is why the ?? about the planes - it would be so neat if we could all be together - in Juneau we are also signed up for the evening whale watch - thanks again for your info - we are only 7 weeks away!

Archived