Questions from someone who's never sailed Seabourn

mommykim

Very good MB on apes and owls.....I "wannube" on your team on the 8/28 British Isles/Transatlantic combo, plus the 3 day New York Waterways, the roll-call thread that can't seem to get any action.

I'll postpone answering the collective nouns for librarians and dimes.

Note that there's no official collective noun for dimes, it's just that, having read this thread, I made one up!

Hello all,

First let me thank all of you for your wonderful advice. I truly did not mean to bring strife to your board. Well, I think if it was my husband giving ME a gift we'd be going on Seaborne but as it is going to be his gift and not mine I just can't bring myself to give him something and then tell him oh, btw you have to dop something you don't want to to accept this. I do think we'll be sailing Seaborne in the not to distant future and I look forward to meeting you.

Ms Marita/Martha is a long time cruiser and poster. She has definite opinions, mostly based on fact and experience, and as far as I know is well respected in the World of Seabourn.

The printed word is sometimes difficult vs. a face to face conversation. Though the poster came across as somewhat rude, his underlying message is correct. NOBODY can say what someone will or will not like. They can only offer an opinion. If someone does NOT like to wear a sportcoat in the evening and does NOT like to be around people that do, then he might not be comfortable. Just individual opinions. All that we can offer this person are what facts we have (dress code) and opinion and experience about what really takes place.

By the way, I see the term "casual" used often which to some people might mean sweatpants and a t-shirt, which of course is barely acceptable in your cabin on Seabourn.

We are all so different. ( I was going into a long speech about people being so different... but I have removed it)

I think the posters above were not saying if Seabourn was the right place or not, but just wanted an idea of what was the norm. Looks like lots of people were so busy defending Marita/Martha that they missed the point.

Chill and book another cruise folks!

Archived