karoake live?

Markmom18

My husband loves to sing karaoke (I have no idea if that's spelled right..) My question: We're on the Splendor in August, ...how does the karaoke "live" work?? Are you chosen from the 'regular' karaoke folks?? Thanks!

Kids need adult chaperone if under a certain age (check Funtimes for details).

Oh great! Hubby and I went on our last cruise and loved it! With our girls coming this year we were hoping they'd be able to see it as well with us!

SuperStar Live is where you sing with the band but still have the words on a screen in front of you.

Their selection is limited to about 100 songs....(20 or so more have been added to some ships)...

They can not change the key like they can in karaoke....

It is a neat experience for those who have never sung with a band...and a "flashback" to those of us who have.

Thank you so much. My hubby sings in a couple of local groups...nothing fancy...but at 50 he gets to pretend to be a rock star ;) When he found out about the live karaoke he got very excited!! So, i'll pass the info on to him.

On the Freedom, the live karaoke was with a live band vs a disc. We thought it was a lot more entertaining and the singers definately got more into it. All the songs sounded a lot better expect for Salt N Pepa's "Push It". I'm not sure who thought it would be good to translate that song into a live band karaoke song but it was odd hearing it that way. :)

Hi LHP,

Oh...thanks so very much for that link. Geez, I saw song afer song that my husband's band play. You know, the top 40 hits of 60's-now. I kinda get sick of hearing some of them...Brown Eyed Girl AGAIN...ugh...but he'll certainly enjoy looking over the list tonight. Watch out Splendor ;)

Archived