August 9th Crossing Rollcall

The Golds

• 1 month later...

Are you taking the VSOE transfer from the pier into Victoria? We are .. logistic nightmare having to bring formal clothes along for dinner on the train . but should be kewl.

I already have theater tickets booked in London .. I go to London several times a year and know my way around pretty well .. if I can help!

I don't have time to get the mail today .. I hope my docs come soon! Ordered two new tux shirts!

Glad you got a balcony .. so much nicer!

Keep in touch!

JR

My wife has been on the VSOE and you are in for a treat...enjoy!

Last time in London we stayed at the Conrad in Chelsea and it was great. Time before that had a flat in Knightsbridge on the Park next to the Orential Hotel.

We are looking forward to doing day trips out to the countryside this time.

What shows have you booked?

The Golds

Hi to all

Wish I was going on this cruise, I am jealous!!

My son Cory is going to be on this cruise, actually it will be Cory and Peter.

They are so looking forward to it.

He was looking for a thread, so I ran across this one and will be forwarding it

to him. So I am sure you will hear from him.

We have been cruising for several years, and always use the thread to meet people. Makes it a lot more fun!! Happy cruising:) ..........Cherie

I use www.ticketmaster.co.uk and have had great success! For more details also look at http://www.albemarle-london.com/

We are seeing LesMis .. and The Woman in White. I have seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang(wonderful .. closes in Sept after 3 1/2 years) and Mary Poppins (REALLLY fun) and The Producers (the cast makes or breaks the show) as well as the longer running Phantom and such.

At least ONE curry dinner near the theater .. and probably some shopping at Harods and Petticoat lane!

PM's always responded to if can help Cory and Peter or the Golds!

Hi to all

Wish I was going on this cruise, I am jealous!!

My son Cory is going to be on this cruise, actually it will be Cory and Peter.

They are so looking forward to it.

He was looking for a thread, so I ran across this one and will be forwarding it

to him. So I am sure you will hear from him.

We have been cruising for several years, and always use the thread to meet people. Makes it a lot more fun!! Happy cruising:) ..........Cherie

Cherie, sorry you won't be with us but look forward to meeting your son Cory and his friend Peter.

The Golds

I use www.ticketmaster.co.uk and have had great success! For more details also look at http://www.albemarle-london.com/

We are seeing LesMis .. and The Woman in White. I have seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang(wonderful .. closes in Sept after 3 1/2 years) and Mary Poppins (REALLLY fun) and The Producers (the cast makes or breaks the show) as well as the longer running Phantom and such.

At least ONE curry dinner near the theater .. and probably some shopping at Harods and Petticoat lane!

PM's always responded to if can help Cory and Peter or the Golds!

We saw Les Miz and Phantom on previous trips also last time saw two grand dames of the theatre together in a two women play which was wonderful Judy Dench and (opps the other half of the Golds will kill me, I can't for the world think of her name)...oh yes Maggie Smith. Also saw Mamma Mia when it 1st opened in London. London theatre is great fun. Needless to say the shopping is also great. We try to get to Chinatown also for at least one meal.

• 1 month later...

We are sailing on the 9 August crossing. This will be our first cruise and we are looking forward to it greatly. We are leaving London on 31 July to stay with relatives in the US prior to sailing home. We have yet to receive our tickets!! I think my sense of panic about the whole trip will ease slightly once they arrive. We are travelling with two teenagers and would love to meet up with some fellow passengers. I have become a cruise critic boards addict in the last few months though this is my first posting and feel very much a novice about the whole cruising experience

We are sailing on the 9 August crossing. This will be our first cruise and we are looking forward to it greatly. We are leaving London on 31 July to stay with relatives in the US prior to sailing home. We have yet to receive our tickets!! I think my sense of panic about the whole trip will ease slightly once they arrive. We are travelling with two teenagers and would love to meet up with some fellow passengers. I have become a cruise critic boards addict in the last few months though this is my first posting and feel very much a novice about the whole cruising experience

Kingstontricia we look forward to seeing you aboard the Lady. We hope that you had a pleasent visit in the US. Where were you staying? We are in Florida, though my wife is originally from London. We have been back several times and are looking forward to the crossing. She has done the western crossing twice and I have done it once compliments of the goverment on a floating bird farm (aircraft carrier). We are looking forward to agret crossing with a group of wonderful people.

The Golds.

We leave the UK a week tomorrow and still no sign of any tickets! We are flying into Philadelphia and staying with relatives of my husband who live in New Jersey quite near to Princeton University. We are looking forward to visiting New York and hopefully spending some time on the coast and visiting the countryside. We hear it is very hot and humid at this time of year. This will our 3rd trip to stay in NJ but we are still all very excited.

I notice you are visiting London as part of your trip. I live in south west London not far from the tennis at Wimbledon. Last night I went into the West End to see a lovely production of Guys and Dolls (featuring Ewan McGregor). Despite the recent events you will be pleased to hear that everying was fine in central London. There is a lot more of a police presence and bag searches required but the theatre and restaurant were full and it seemed everyone was enjoying a lovely summer's evening in the city. Hope this is of interest to you. If you need any more info about anything London wise do let me know.

Counting down to the 9th.

We leave the UK a week tomorrow and still no sign of any tickets! We are flying into Philadelphia and staying with relatives of my husband who live in New Jersey quite near to Princeton University. We are looking forward to visiting New York and hopefully spending some time on the coast and visiting the countryside. We hear it is very hot and humid at this time of year. This will our 3rd trip to stay in NJ but we are still all very excited.

I notice you are visiting London as part of your trip. I live in south west London not far from the tennis at Wimbledon. Last night I went into the West End to see a lovely production of Guys and Dolls (featuring Ewan McGregor). Despite the recent events you will be pleased to hear that everying was fine in central London. There is a lot more of a police presence and bag searches required but the theatre and restaurant were full and it seemed everyone was enjoying a lovely summer's evening in the city. Hope this is of interest to you. If you need any more info about anything London wise do let me know.

Counting down to the 9th.

We are looking forward to our visit to London dispite the events of the last few days. I am originally from NJ the north part, Paterson, but have not been back there for many years....do get to NY once or twice a year, to have some fun, theatre, etc. Yes it is humid and hot this time of year but still there are many things to do and see, just like London and the countryside, but a little younger, 300 years compaired to centuries and centuries. We have been reading about the shows at West End and are leaning towards Woman in White, Guys and Dolls and/or Mary Poppens. Also planning on taking the tour of the Palace. Our docs. were suppose to come yesterday but I found out via tracking UPS that they were evidently left on the truck and will be delivered on Monday.

You may have enough information already ..

Booking London theater tickets thru www.ticketmaster.co.uk is great. You can get box office pickup day of show. HIGHLY recommend Mary Poppins!

I also booked State Rooms at Buckingham thru http://www.albemarle-london.com/ tho they tend to deliver the tickets by post.

Golds - If you are interested .. I will e-mail you tonight .. there is a chance my traveling companion will not be going on the Crossing .. will know what his DR says by tonight.. and may have Woman in White, Les Mis and State Room tickets (2) available. I'm STILL going .. but maybe not doing theater.

ALL YOU AUGUST 9TH CROSSERS.....We received our documents yesterday at 8:30pm and couldn't wait to open the package...:). Each day brings us closer and closer to meeting you all and having a wonderful seven days at sea.

The Golds

You may have enough information already ..

Booking London theater tickets thru www.ticketmaster.co.uk is great. You can get box office pickup day of show. HIGHLY recommend Mary Poppins!

I also booked State Rooms at Buckingham thru http://www.albemarle-london.com/ tho they tend to deliver the tickets by post.

Golds - If you are interested .. I will e-mail you tonight .. there is a chance my traveling companion will not be going on the Crossing .. will know what his DR says by tonight.. and may have Woman in White, Les Mis and State Room tickets (2) available. I'm STILL going .. but maybe not doing theater.

JGRO1, sorry to hear about your friend....but we'll bend an elbow for him on the high seas. We look forwaard to seeing you on the Lady. As mentioned in email documents arrived last night and seem to be in order. All that's left now is the packing....:)

We found our cruise docs in the door yesterday as well. About the packing . . . all this planning and now the panic is setting in. I'm beginning to pack and hoping that it doesn't go on until midnight August 8th!

Cheers and we look forward to meeting everyone there -- Bob and Abby Clark

Yipee!!!!!!:) - four days before departure and the tickets have at last arrived. My rising sense of panic has eased slightly. Only the packing to think of now. It is hard to believe after months of waiting and reading these boards that it is nearly our turn to board QM2.

We are looking forward to meeting you all and enjoying a sundowner or whatever. We are staying in the US with relatives from Sunday and hoping to do some touring in Pennsylvania. I don't expect to have such easy access to the boards whilst we are away but will try and check in to see if any definite plans are made for a get-together. If I don't hear anything before we sail maybe I could contact Mr and Mrs Gold once on board. Hope this is fine with you.

See you soon!!!!!

Tricia

I'm in 9056 with a balcony .. should anyone want to contact me!

Going to be traveling solo this Crossing it appears so will be most happy to entertain/coordinate Cruise Critic Crossers! Already planning my Birthday party .. so the more the merryier!

John Rosenthal

JGR01@hotmail.com for mobile phone number!

I'm in 9056 with a balcony .. should anyone want to contact me!

Going to be traveling solo this Crossing it appears so will be most happy to entertain/coordinate Cruise Critic Crossers! Already planning my Birthday party .. so the more the merryier!

John Rosenthal

JGR01@hotmail.com for mobile phone number!

Hey John, count us in to help you celebrate because I am a Leo also....and will be celebrating four days before we leave the dock.

We arrive in NY the morning of the 9th and head straight for the Lady. When do you get into NY? Will send you our cell phone # via email...

My wife is already packing shoes and shoes and shoes...

Hi all:

We received our pre-cruise docs yesterday and according to DHL.ca our cruise docs arrived at their Toronto facility this morning so we should be receiving them today or tomorrow. We're doing back to back sailings (August 9, then returning on August 27). I noticed with glee on Cunard's site that P. D. James will be doing a presentation/talk on the return crossing so am really excited about that as I am a big fan of hers.

Cheers

Hello John

It is very kind of you to offer to coordinate a meeting of the cruise critics crossers.:) Sorry to hear that your plans have had to change. I am sure it will still be a great trip. Look forward to meeting you and everyone else.

Tricia

Greetings to all fellow Cruise Critic QM2 guests who will be crossing the pond on August 9.

Having recently hosted 154 of our own guests and 100+ Cruise Critic friends on the Golden Princess British Isles cruise on 5/22, this cruise is simply for rest and relaxation as I am recuperating from recent surgery (getting older really stinks).

If any other Cruise Critic members would like to get together with us for a few drinks and conversation, Leslie and I will be in cabin #6067. Cheerio and we look forward to meeting other Cruise Critic friends.

Bill & Leslie Kraus

Sharon, MA

Archived