Winter Break Cruise Help!

trolleywood

Hello everyone! I am looking to cruise with three friends of mine this coming winter break (Dec 2012 to early Jan 2013). We are all in college but are NOT the kind of people that enjoy hardcore partying (I felt that I should add that as most college age people I have met/seen on cruises fall into that category, especially during breaks!) We have it narrowed down to a few ships and I was wondering which itinerary you think would be best for three first time cruisers and myself (I have cruised before) or which ship would be the best experience overall. Thanks for any help you can give!

Carnival Destiny to Half Moon Key, Nassau and Grand Turk (5 Day)

Carnival Freedom to Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios (6 Day)

Carnival Glory to Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay and Grand Cayman (7 Day)

(I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but it is strictly about Carnival and I have cruised before so I didn't know exactly where to put it!)

For the itinerary, I would go with the Glory. Just did that itinerary on the Valor in Sept, and just loved it!!

Now we are going to take the kids on the Sunshine going to the same places minus Grand Cayman.

If money is an issue, I would go to HMC on the Destiny. Never been but heard it is heaven and some of the pics I have seen prove it!!

Enjoy!

I'd pick based on what I want to do at the ports.

If you're thinking of water-related activities, get the map out and pick the cruise that has the southernmost stops - I don't know that you can count on warm weather in the Bahamas in Dec/Jan.

Peg

Carnival Destiny to Half Moon Key, Nassau and Grand Turk (5 Day)

Carnival Freedom to Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios (6 Day)

Carnival Glory to Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay and Grand Cayman (7 Day)

We're on Glory 12/9. Glory will get the FunShip 2.0 upgrades in Nov. Really looking forward to that.

Since you mention you are in college, will any of you be under 21? Carnival requires that anyone who is under 21 be traveling with someone who is at least 25. Would hate for you all to get excited only for one of your group not be able to book. Have tons of fun which whatever you choose!

Wow, thank you to everyone for your quick replies! We will all be 21, my last friend turning 21 about a week before our break starts so we got very lucky! I think the Glory sounds like our best bet at this time, thanks again for all of your help!

Archived