Anyone used cruise package at ES in Tampa (Downtown at the port)

nikkinoo1011

We've done it - I think we really prefer to walk. The shuttle is the blue vans you see everywhere. You can also simply buy the shuttle tickets when you get there - think it may be cheaper that way actually.

ES is an awesome place to stay in Tampa with so much to do walkable or via the trolley.

• 2 months later...

I do want to report back that we did stay at the Embassy Suites in downtown Tampa. The hotel was great and very close to the port. I think it took all of 1 minute to drive there. We did have an incident there, however. My son had to sleep on the sleeper sofa because my 2 daughters were in room with my husband and I. When we pulled the sofa out, it was obvious the bed sheet was used. Ugh!! I called guest services and they apologized and sent a maid up with new sheets. The next morning, I went to check out and they told me there was no charge for the room! The rest of the hotel room was clean and very nice. I think the maid just forgot, or thought we wouldn't notice the sheet was dirty. I will try the Embassy Suites again if we cruise out of Tampa.

We've done it - I think we really prefer to walk. The shuttle is the blue vans you see everywhere. You can also simply buy the shuttle tickets when you get there - think it may be cheaper that way actually.

ES is an awesome place to stay in Tampa with so much to do walkable or via the trolley.

Did you walk to the port from ES with your cruise luggage? If so, how long did it take you to walk there?

No, we did not walk to the port. We parked in the parking garage for 105.00 for the week across from the terminal. Honestly, it would have been a little difficult to lug all the luggage from ES to the port. If I didn't have the luggage, I probably would have walked lol.

Did you take transportation from the airport to the hotel? If so, how much was that?

Thank you in advance!

We tried to use it when we were there to go from the hotel back to the airport, so I dont know if it would be different to go the other way but this was our experience...The cost was $12/pp and it is supposed to pick up at either the top or bottom (sorry cant remember which) of each hour. It isn't run by the hotel, just a service they offer...Anyway, after waiting around for it to show up for about 10-15 minutes, we decided it would be easier to just take a taxi to the airport for $25.

Before the cruise we had also had a rental car that we decided not to pay to park at the Embassy Suites, so we took the car back to the airport and found it very simple to take the taxi back to the hotel, and again that was $25.00.

Hope this helps.

We tried to use it when we were there to go from the hotel back to the airport, so I dont know if it would be different to go the other way but this was our experience...The cost was $12/pp and it is supposed to pick up at either the top or bottom (sorry cant remember which) of each hour. It isn't run by the hotel, just a service they offer...Anyway, after waiting around for it to show up for about 10-15 minutes, we decided it would be easier to just take a taxi to the airport for $25.

Before the cruise we had also had a rental car that we decided not to pay to park at the Embassy Suites, so we took the car back to the airport and found it very simple to take the taxi back to the hotel, and again that was $25.00.

Hope this helps.

Yes, very helpful. Thank you!!:D

Archived