Transfer of booking to TA

geospyder

I know that if you book while on a cruise you have 60 days in which you can transfer your booking to a TA. Is this the same when you book directly on line with Celebrity or is it only for bookings made on a cruise?

You will find the form and rules on line on the web site. Remember, once you turn the booking to a TA, the cruise line will NOT talk to you any more. So the TA better be responsive if problems occur.

You will find the form and rules on line on the web site. Remember, once you turn the booking to a TA, the cruise line will NOT talk to you any more. So the TA better be responsive if problems occur.

You SHOULD be able to find the form online but as I reported this am on Host Andy's Website improvements thread, the form can no longer be found on X web site.......another glitch that needs work! I just checked and the link to the form still doesn't work this afternoon.

EDIT: On the other thread, folks are saying it works if you have Firefox as your browser.....I have Internet Explorer.

You SHOULD be able to find the form online but as I reported this am on Host Andy's Website improvements thread, the form can no longer be found on X web site.......another glitch that needs work! I just checked and the link to the form still doesn't work this afternoon.

EDIT: On the other thread, folks are saying it works if you have Firefox as your browser.....I have Internet Explorer.

Firefox is my browser, but it doesn't work for me either. Here is the FAQ with the link -- http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=General+Guest+Policies&faqId=2008&faqSubjectId=226

Here is a copy of the form. I played around trying to find this for over 1 hour. Let me know that you can access it. Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for your time....yes, I was able to open it.

Where did you find it.......and how did you open it?

Do you use Firefox?

Do you use Firefox?

Just tap on the link. Then youshould have it displayed and you can save it to your PC. Then you can open that pdf file, add you name, etc., then fax it to X. You can talk to your TA so they provide you their info for the form. If you don't have a fax, email completed form to your TA and have them Fax to x.

Do you use Firefox?

I have IE. If you go to the Celebrity website and do a search on Booking Transfer Form, it will show up. You can fill it out on line then print it out. I just did it last week.

I have IE. If you go to the Celebrity website and do a search on Booking Transfer Form, it will show up. You can fill it out on line then print it out. I just did it last week.

Thank you....and I have done it before as well.

Since X has upgraded their web site very recently, the link does not work now....at least for me! I was able to open the document that Oxo just provided.

Thank you....and I have done it before as well.

Since X has upgraded their web site very recently, the link does not work now....at least for me! I was able to open the document that Oxo just provided.

An x rep couldn't even find it. Then when rep did I copied it to my PC. It is easier for me to attach it for you than tell you where to find it. Glad I could help.

A word of caution for those who use a TA in another country. When I booked our cruise, it was automatically priced in Canadian dollars. Our TA is in the USA and I wanted to transfer the booking to her. I was told that I could not transfer the booking to her as all charges had to remain in the currency of the initial booking.

Firefox is my browser, but it doesn't work for me either........
The link to the transfer form that I posted on the other thread works fine for me with Firefox, and from feedback so far it works well for others who tried it too.

Here it is again. No attachment required.

X TRANSFER FORM-pdf

I haven't had a chance to try it with Internet Explorer yet, but maybe someone else has.

I'm not sure what the uproar about the transfer form is. I've transferred my bookings twice from X to a TA. Both times the TA made the switch for me. I had to do nothing. Within the next day it showed up on the X site.
Using a transfer form protects the passenger, eliminating misunderstanding about who now "owns" the reservation.

Most likely they had problems in the past where passengers contacted several different travel agents for prices, resulting in differences of opinion about which TA had actually been given the booking, or even if the passenger had really authorized the transfer at all.

I would feel uneasy about any TA being able to switch my reservation without the cruise line requiring official authorization from me.

"E=fleckle;32859929]The link to the transfer form that I posted on the other thread works fine for me with Firefox, and from feedback so far it works well for others who tried it too.

Here it is again. No attachment required.

X TRANSFER FORM-pdf

I haven't had a chance to try it with Internet Explorer yet, but maybe someone else has.

"

Does it really make a difference if you Attach the form like I did so people don't have to find it or should they use a link to go get it? Whatever works for them is the best solution. We both tried to help our fellow CCs.

My question to X was why can't I fill out the form online and let X process it? If I have my account in X, I can check the reservation, fill in my personal information, print my boarding pass, request luggage tags, book packages, tours, dining, etc.

So, what is so special about transferring my booking from X to my TA? I should be able to do it online without Faxing it.

My question to X was why can't I fill out the form online and let X process it? If I have my account in X, I can check the reservation, fill in my personal information, print my boarding pass, request luggage tags, book packages, tours, dining, etc.

So, what is so special about transferring my booking from X to my TA? I should be able to do it online without Faxing it.

You have to print it out and sign it, same with the boarding pass.

You have to print it out and sign it, same with the boarding pass.

I guess I am not making my question clear enough. If I can pay without signing, why can't I transfer to a TA without signing? Signatures are getting to be a thing of the past. Example, when I bank online/use billpay, I do not sign a check.

I guess I am not making my question clear enough. If I can pay without signing, why can't I transfer to a TA without signing? Signatures are getting to be a thing of the past. Example, when I bank online/use billpay, I do not sign a check.

When you use online banking, you are logged in with a user name and password, so I guess they know it's you unless you've been hacked.

I'm sure they do it this way so as not to give you any extra incentives or make it easy for you to transfer to a TA. If you remember way back when, you could book a cruise 18-20 months out and transfer it anytime between then and final payment to transfer it to a TA. Now you only have 2 months.

When you use online banking, you are logged in with a user name and password, so I guess they know it's you unless you've been hacked.

I'm sure they do it this way so as not to give you any extra incentives or make it easy for you to transfer to a TA. If you remember way back when, you could book a cruise 18-20 months out and transfer it anytime between then and final payment to transfer it to a TA. Now you only have 2 months.

Yes, when you logon to your bank you enter user name and password. The same when you log into Celebrity. You logon with your user name and password. So, I don't see their rational here.

However, I agree with you when you say they want to make it harder for you to transfer to a TA. LOL

We're also in the midst of transferring a reservation to a TA and couldn't open the form on Celebrity's site. Now at least I have a blank form in my PDF file that I can use at my convenience. Thanks for sharing.

Glad I could help. Some people are really having a hard time trying to find this online. So that is why I posted it as an attachment. Much easier to access that way.

Maybe CC could make somethings like this as a STICKY?

I never had to sign anything to transfer. Never had a problem. The TA took care of it on my say so. As long as they had the booking information and number X acknowledged it. How else would they get my booking number?

Me thinks, much ado about nothing. And I wouldn't want to deal with a TA that make a mountain out of nothing That's why I've enjoyed the TA I used. Simplicity and effective.

Archived