Hull Bay in April

sadams26

We are a family of 6, with the oldest 65 and the youngest 4. We are not big on crowds and there are many ships in port that day. I have read that Hull bay might be a good option for a quiet beach with some good snorkeling. Has anyone been there lately? How far is the restruant Hull's Hideaway? Are there bathrooms either at the beach or the restruant? What would a taxi ride cost PP? How is the beach for the little ones? Thanks for your help.

Yes Hull Bay is quiet - there is no one there renting Beach chairs or jet skis. There is a restaurant there - just across the parking lot. This is a rough beach - this is where they come to surf and kite board. There is some snorkeling to either side of the bay, but I would have to say that you need to be an experienced swimmer in order to appreciate it. You would need to have your own equipment - nothing to rent here. There is no fee to use the beach. The restaurant does have rest rooms - I'll go out on a limb and say that they would appreciate only patrons using their facilities.

Thanks for your reply. I am leaning towards Sapphire Beach. Sounds like it might be a safer bet for the kids. Any idea how crowded it gets. There are 4 ships in port that day. 12,000 people is my guess? Any other not so crowded beaches I should consider? Thanks:)

Sapphire will get crowded, as most of the beaches will with that many people! Maybe try shopping in the morning and go to the beach a little later in the day, as most people seem to go to the beach first. Or you can get your own snacks and drinks and head to Smith Bay - gorgeous beach and excellent snorkeling but there are no facilities - just port a potties.

Archived