Aft balcony cabin - TransAtlantic?

alexspepa

Hey guys...new to HAL, and we are going to take the Noordam repositioning cruise in October from Italy to Ft Lauderdale.

We had an aft balcony cabin on Princess a few years ago and loved it...what are your thoughts on one for a trans-atlantic voyage? Or would we be better off getting a mid-ship veranda, and if so which side to better see the different ports (is it as easy as choosing port side)?

thanks in advance...i would have posted on the cabin selection site, but noticed some of those go unanswered.

We had an aft balcony on the Oosterdam a few years ago going from Ft. L. to Rome in the spring. At that time HAL had the huge aft balconies but I think the Vista class ships have been refitted to the smaller aft balconies. We prefer the aft balcony to a balcony on the side. Also, the ocean was as smooth as glass when we crossed. Enjoy your cruise.

We were in an aft balcony on the Noordam Rome to NYC a couple of years ago and loved it! We didn't feel the ride was any rougher back there and it was a lovely veranda to sit on and enjoy the long (25 hour) days at sea coming westward! I recommend it!

Archived