To insure, or not insure...thats the question

I have searched, and searched, and searched...you get the picture. I am trying to find out EXACTLY what the insurance will cover if we choose to buy it. I can't find anybody at Norwegian now as they are closed. Anybody out there have any info they can share?

Also, in the brochure, they offer an "Early Booking" discount. Anybody know the details of this?

I urge you not to take the insurance from NCL. If you want to insure your trip, you can find other companies (Travelguard, CSA, etc.) that will be a fraction of the price and have better coverage. As an example, NCL wanted to charge me $99 per person for coverage for my upcoming cruise. I didn't book airfare or hotel through them so that wouldn't have been covered under NCL's policy. I went through insuremytrip.com and got even better coverage for $52 per person which includes the cruise, airfare, hotel, rental car, and just about every other aspect of the trip.

I found the "Description of Coverage" that came with our deposit confirmation. There is too much small print to write down, but I would be glad to mail it to you if you are interested. Also, you might ask your travel agent for a copy, if you used a TA.

Let me know if you want the form, and I'll send you my contact info.

Good luck!

Early booking discount = price lower than what you see in the brochure, usually considerably lower. Depending on how sold your sailing eventually becomes, these early booking discounts may be less of a deal than the last minute discounts. On the other hand, if you wait, your date may be sold out, or the prices may be higher.

I second the vote for insuremytrip.com and I triple third the vote about never buying insurance from the cruise line directly.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Pride of Aloha 6/07/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Archived