Wine/MDR

CRUISE4JANE

I think there's a list on Carnival's web site. You may want to look at puchasing a wine package thru Bon Voyage. We got the middle package of 5 bottles and if gives you the opportunity of choosing from a list of about 8 bottles. Good choices. I think the price was about $150 or so. There was no 15% gratuity added to it.

You can purchase the wine package ahead of time through Bon Voyage, or purchase it on-board at any bar or in the MDR. There are two packages, a standard and a premium. Both good for 5 bottles of wine, and a choice several different wines with each package. The package is basicly a coupon with 5 tear-off strips, each good for one bottle from the package. You can get a different wine each time, or the same wine 5 times.

I think the wine package is the same as drinks - if in port you will be charged the local sales tax, out to sea you won't. I don't remember the 15% bar gratuity being added to the package price.

We have enjoyed the wines in the MDR (they will cork and save the bottle night to night) and at the Atrium bar (we finished the bottle between 6 of us, don't know what would happen if we did not finish it).

I feel that this is a good way to purchase wine for your cruise, assuming of course that you like the choices.

Archived