Cabin 1005 on S class ships???

Monty's Mum

Hi All

Just been on the fantastic cabin information and there is only one review of this cabin just wondering if anybody else has stayed in this cabin or close by and far forward?? What did you actually think of it please??? Is it too close to the bridge and is there noise with the use of bridge etc??? Does the position of the bridge restrict view?? Is it too far forward???

Thanks again for all your help. MMx :)

This is the forward view from 1004 on the Equinox. It is on the starboard side.

Forward view is partially blocked by bridge but outward, down, and aft views are great.It was very quiet but a long walk to the elevators which helped us walk off our meals.

DSC00322.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

Edited by travellink
pics

This is the forward view from 1004 on the Equinox. It is on the starboard side.

Forward view is partially blocked by bridge but outward, down, and aft views are great.It was very quiet but a long walk to the elevators which helped us walk off our meals.

Hi Monty's Mom,

TRAVELLINK here is of course referring to the Midship Elevators in the Grand Foyer / Atrium area on the S-Class Ships ... a distance of aprox 54 cabins lengths (or about 540 feet)

There are also a set of elevators at the front of the ship that is close to Cabin # 1005... a distance of aprox 17 cabin lenghts (or about 170 feet)

These elevators provide great accesss to areas such as the Solstice Deck, Basketball Court & Kiddie Areas, the Sky Lounge, AquaSpa & Solarium Pool (and the other Pools), as well as to the main Theatre and Celebrity Central.

Sure you are going to have to do some walking to the Dining venues, which are predominently midship or aft... BUT on the otherhand, other Pax have to come forward for the entertainment venues and other spots I've mentioned above.

It really isn't a big deal I think... certainly not so much so as it is for those with cabins at the aft of the S-Ships who have no nearby elevator bank, and must walk midship to even begin their journey anywhere else onboard... lol, now that really is a way to exercise the pounds off !!

PS... As to being too far forward... I would think the biggest concern would be if one is prone to motion or seasickness... a lot more movement up front vs midship or aft. Lol, one night in rough seas, the floor in the Sky Lounge was rising and falling a good 6 to 10 inches... they were serving drinks but had cancelled the dancing that night... when I asked the Bartender "Gosh how can anyone stand up in these conditions?"... he jokingly said, "Alcohol helps, can I get you another?"

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Thank you so much Travellink these photos are really great at giving me exactly what we are going to face!!!! Really helpful thank you for taking the time to upload them.

And thank you Sloop John-B you always give very precise and useful information and I am extremely grateful for it.Really helpful as always.

I might ask to be moved more up the corridor at least...its a guarantee cabin and I am hoping they will at least move us a little.....just don't know whether to ask now or when we are on the ship!!!!

Either way thanks for all your help.

KR

MMx :)

Hi All

Just been on the fantastic cabin information and there is only one review of this cabin just wondering if anybody else has stayed in this cabin or close by and far forward?? What did you actually think of it please??? Is it too close to the bridge and is there noise with the use of bridge etc??? Does the position of the bridge restrict view?? Is it too far forward???

Thanks again for all your help. MMx :)

I'm the person who wrote the one review of 1005, but I wanted to note that there was no noise at all from the bridge.

We loved the cabin, but being so far forward does mean a lot of walking. However, one advantage of the forward section of the ship is that you don't look down on lifeboats like you do with much of the ship except for the much-desired hump cabins. The forward section is sort of a "mini-hump."

Would you book it again Half Hitch?? Thanks again KR MMx

I have to admit that when booking my choices were limited and I had the same worries as you. But the cabin turned out to be fine. My worries were that the bridge would affect our privacy and views, and it turned out that these worries were unfounded.

That said, if I had more of a choice, I'd book a little farther aft away from the bridge and closer to the forward staircases/elevators. On the Eclipse we picked 1521 on the deck above about seven cabins back from the equivalent of 1005. We liked being close to the fitness center and the AquaSpa Cafe.

If my choices for a C3 forward were limited and included 1005, I wouldn't hesitate to book it again.

I hope this helps.

We were in 8107, farthest forward on Deck 8, on a 12 day cruise, and let me tell you, it was a LONG walk to anything! Yes, the forward elevators are closest, but everything we wanted to get to except the solarium were aft of midships. My daughter likes coffee and the several times I volunteered to go to the buffet, it took me more than 15 minutes round trip. If you forgot something in your cabin, it was a hike. Everything was a hike. Not necessarily bad, but folks need to be aware. And VERY loud when docking, including very substantial shaking and rattling.

For our next cruise, we purposely booked very close to the mid-ship elevator banks and I think we will enjoy this location a lot!

Monty's Mum,

Here's a view from the balcony:

Thank you Half Hitch.....that makes me feel so much better in fact very calm.....It was the privacy issue I was a little worried about....this is a guarantee cabin and I think I will wait until the actual cruise to see if we can move a little bit further down also.....and if we cant...then I feel very reassured and a lot better knowing that it won't spoil things!!!

KR MMx :D

We were in 8107, farthest forward on Deck 8, on a 12 day cruise, and let me tell you, it was a LONG walk to anything! Yes, the forward elevators are closest, but everything we wanted to get to except the solarium were aft of midships. My daughter likes coffee and the several times I volunteered to go to the buffet, it took me more than 15 minutes round trip. If you forgot something in your cabin, it was a hike. Everything was a hike. Not necessarily bad, but folks need to be aware. And VERY loud when docking, including very substantial shaking and rattling.

For our next cruise, we purposely booked very close to the mid-ship elevator banks and I think we will enjoy this location a lot!

Thanks CathyCruises.....I am not sure how much choice this is a guarantee cabin so I need to bite the bullet if I can't move a little further down....I do feel that it will be ok though I think its the savings we have made will out way any problems or distances!!! Its all worth £1500 worth of savings that we were originally paying.....I'd walk to the Med and back for that!!! ;)

KR MMx

You're on the other side but we were just in 1002 and it was NOT a Quiet Cabin – Noisey! Right next to the door to the bridge and an access hallway which slammed all night. Right over bow thruster which will wake you in the am every time you dock. Work area on deck below with banging and slamming most nights. This was the noisest cabin I have ever had on Celebrity. The balcony View was good aft but forward view nearly 100% blocked by bridge wing. The wing did provide great protection from wind!

Be aware, you are literally on the same level as the bridge and can look in to watch. It was interesting to watch the Captain dock the ship but too many negatives to make it worthwhile. It did not ruin my cruise (nothing can!) but I would NOT book it again.

I found the walk long but not onerous. As someone else said, I worked off the calories. :-)))

Edited by wattsde

You're on the other side but we were just in 1002 and it was NOT a Quiet Cabin – Noisey! Right next to the door to the bridge and an access hallway which slammed all night. Right over bow thruster which will wake you in the am every time you dock. Work area on deck below with banging and slamming most nights. This was the noisest cabin I have ever had on Celebrity. The balcony View was good aft but forward view nearly 100% blocked by bridge wing. The wing did provide great protection from wind!

Be aware, you are literally on the same level as the bridge and can look in to watch. It was interesting to watch the Captain dock the ship but too many negatives to make it worthwhile. It did not ruin my cruise (nothing can!) but I would NOT book it again.

I found the walk long but not onerous. As someone else said, I worked off the calories. :-)))

Oh great....thanks for letting me know!!! :eek:

KR MMx

• 4 years later...