If you're over 40 & love Carnival.....

arby70

Just found out how much more fun group cruises are. Last two have been with CC groups & ages ranged from kids to 60's with most in the 30, 40, 50's range and booked on two more. Lots of different personalities and ages. Have breakfast with one bunch one day, Past Guest party with another bunch of friends, etc. Always somebody interesting to do as little or as much as you want.

After doing Alaska on Princess with the older crowd......sites were beautiful, shore excursions were great, but nightlife & shipboard activities were extremely BORING! Carnival is truly the Fun Ships....something for everybody....no matter what age. After looking at activities & reading menus on several other lines.....I'll be sticking with Carnival. Just my opinion, but what other lines have to offer does not appeal to me.

Girls just want to have FUN, FUN,FUN......no matter what age. :D

Wife 48, me, 48 also, and we are looking forward to the next cruise, which is coming soon. I went on NCL with my brother to Alaska this past August (wife thought it would be all snow and cold). The "FreeStyle" of NCL was OK, but I, and the wife like the dining style of Carnival. Had a great time on NCL, but glad to be coming back to Carnival, like those that have posted ahead of me, the "Fun Ships"

Matt

I just turned 40 in October..... I love Carnival because I don't feel like I'm 40 while vacationing on her :) I feel like a kid again and that's what I really want out of a vacation- land based or cruise. Cruising Celebrity was 1st class, but I felt "old" on that vacation and really didn't have much fun except when we crashed a staff party...

Let your hair down and give it a try- you'll feel like a teenager again!

Best food, cabins entertainment and fun.

When i get too old to stay up past 9, i'll look to HAL, Celebrity, --won't look to NCL. Love the midnight comedy shows and the overall fun atmosphere.

We enjoy all the activity choices. ;)

My DH is 57 and I just turned 50 we are going on our 4th carnival cruise in may. We feel we really get a great value for what we spend. The food is great . We love the party atmosphere but there are plenty of quiet and relaxing places on ship also. We have taken teenager sand older couples with us. ( different cruises) and every one can't wait to go again. Were kinda laid back and pretty good at "going with the flow."So maybe someone who is realllllllllllllllly picky might find fault. We love carnival!

my biggest "concern" though, being that I am a "50 something" gal. Any other people out there 40 plus that have fallen in love with Carnival and if so, what are the winning points for this cruise line?

You might want to do a search on the poll on here asking peoples ages. Last I looked, the group in the lead was 46 to 54, followed by the 36 to 45.

When you're on a traditional* 7 day cruise, you see groups of ALL ages. No one age group stands out.

" I say traditional, as I once went on a 12 day Ensenada to Hawaii cruise, and the avg age was 70+. Never saw so many people falling asleep in the shows at night. And it was a ghost ship come 11.

We are a couple in our 40s and we LOVE Carnival and had a great time. We had a group cruise in February from our local Elks Lodge and our group was ages 31-81. there were 38 of us - 16 people over 55, 2 in their 30s and 14 of us in their 40s along with two 16 yr old girls. we all had a blast. We booked our next Carnival cruise two weeks ago and we are hooked. The food is great and it is sooooooo much fun.....makes you feel like you are younger!!:D

Never would I stay out past midnight 6 nights in a row while I am home!!!:rolleyes:

I am almost 42 and of course my DW is going to be 29 again!:D Since we take our teenage kids with us we love Carnival. I think it is fun for all ages. I think we will try other lines once the kids are out of the nest but for now Carnival is the way to go!

I am in my early fifties and my wife is in her late forties. We have sailed and enjoyed other lines but we do love the excitement and atmosphere of Carnival. There is always something to do.

We're sailing on the Valor on June 5 w/ our kids (21 and 18)...looking forward to another great Carnival cruise.

I'm sure that Carnival has a bit of a younger crowd, but many cruise lines seem to draw a younger generation. I guess that's my biggest "concern" though, being that I am a "50 something" gal. Any other people out there 40 plus that have fallen in love with Carnival and if so, what are the winning points for this cruise line? :)

The last I remember reading is that Carnival's average passenger age is ~48. Carnival also sails more senior citizens than any other cruise lines. Today's carnival is nothing like the Carnival of 20 years ago.

Always somebody interesting to do as little or as much as you want.

Well Brenda!!! Now I know where you kept disappearing too!

Pete, Happy belated Anniversary and Happy Cruising Anniversary!!!!!!!

Didn't mean to crash the thread :p BUT, I can tell you that my parents cruised on the Saints and Sinners with us in October, they are 52... had the times of their lives!!!! You will see ALL ages... that is the glory of it all! Age ain't nuttin but a number :D

I am in my early 40s and hubby is in mind 30s and Carnival is the only line we've used so far- but have no desire to try anything else either. Our 1st trip with them was absolutely Heaven. I can tell you we traveled during spring break and saw a mix of ages- teens, families, older 50's and on.. and no one was anythng other than well behaved and polite. We only saw 1 drunk the whole 7 day cruise and even he was adorable and not obnoxious!! I guess we got very lucky- i have heard the stories, but IMHO Carnival caters to such a wide variety of people thats what we loved best. Our table mates were our ages and we've all stayed in touch for years.

My husband and I keep coming back to Carnival. More bang for your buck. We are 45 & 46. Everyone we meet is always very friendly. The food is never a disappointment. Don't get me wrong, we cruise Seabourn and LOVE that. But, we can't afford that all the time. We have cruised Celebrity, NCL, Raddison, RCCL, but we keep coming back to Carnival. Always, just a wonderful time.

You'll love it.

We are 50 & 54. We've sailed Carnival nine times. We've also cruised on Royal Caribbean, Disney and Celebrity. We've never been on a bad cruise and have enjoyed each line / ship we've been on.

What we most enjoy about Carnival is the "fun" aspect. We always have a great time, it is a lively, upbeat and casual atmosphere...suits us perfectly.

My favorite class of ship is definitely the Spirit. And for mature folks, I'd definitely recommend a longer sailing, which tend to draw an older crowd. But within those parameters, I think Carnival can be a great choice.

Just recently got off the Conquest. Every age group is there. At one point at about 11:00pm we were sitting in a lounge, feeling a little tired, talking about our day & saying it's time to go to bed. We just happen to look up & there happen to be two woman, very nicley dressed & having the time of their lives. The sad part was they were about 75!!! My husband & I looked at each other & said, "what the heck is the matter with us". We are in our 40's had a nice evening, not heavy drinking by any stretch, but could not get over these woman. We so enjoyed watching them! On Carnival there is every age group & every walk of life. I think it is an enviorment that should make everyone feel comfortable.

Im 41 and wife is around 35, we both love the atmosphere on Carnival, even if youre having a bad day, the people, passengers and crew will make your day a great one. A few years ago I sailed on Princess 14 day, it was as if the Ship was a GHOST Ship, most people already looked dead....

Since then I sailed with Carnival and its been smiles since.

A very young-at-heart 50's couple here. Traveled during Spring Break with family members ages 8-57. Had a lot of fun! "Spring Break" was not a problem at all - and my teenage boys enjoyed meeting many other teenagers from all over the USA. Will definitely sail Carnival again!

DH and I are both in our late 50's and absolutely love Carnival. We have sailed 5 times on Carnival and have even cruised during busy holiday weeks when the ship was full. There is always something to do on Carnival and there is something for everyone. Even those who want a quiet place to read or nap. The food has always been excellent as well as the service. We highly recommend Carnival. We are looking forward to our NCL cruise to South America in the fall even though it will be on a much smaller ship. I hope we are not disappointed but we love cruising so I think it will be fun.

We just got home from our Carnival Cruise (Holiday). I am 43 and DH is 46. We had a great time. We are not your typical party animals either. Neither of us drink, but we had PLENTY to do. We absolutely loved Carnival. There is so much to do, so many different activities to keep everyone happy.

We ran into some other cruisers in port (RC) and they had cruised on Carnival before. They were very disappointed in the service, cleanliness, and food compared to Carnival.

This was our first cruise, so we have nothing to compare it to. Our expectations were exceeded in every aspect on Carnival. Holiday is their smallest ship, but you would never know it. The staff was excellent; food was superb, and the cruise entertainment, cruise director, social staff were unbelievable. They really have put together a great team.

The ages ranged from babies all the way up to a 90-year-old lady celebrating her birthday. You are definitely not too old for Carnival. Someone had told me Carnival was known for being party ships. Yes, you can "celebrate" for days on end on Carnival. You can also totally miss that aspect of the ship and find plenty to do. We had a blast and can't wait to book another Carnival cruise.

Actually the over 40 crowd is the majority on Carnival. 1/3 of all passengers are over 55.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Carnival_Facts.aspx

APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF ANNUAL PASSENGERS: 3 million (est. 2004)

APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF KIDS CARRIED ANNUALLY: 500,000

APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF SENIORS (55 AND OLDER) CARRIED ANNUALLY:1,000,000

GUEST PROFILE:

30% are under age 35 40% are between 35-55 30% are over 55

Archived