If you're over 40 & love Carnival.....

arby70

Actually the over 40 crowd is the majority on Carnival. 1/3 of all passengers are over 55.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Carnival_Facts.aspx

APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF ANNUAL PASSENGERS: 3 million (est. 2004)

APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF KIDS CARRIED ANNUALLY: 500,000

APPROXIMATE NUMBER OF SENIORS (55 AND OLDER) CARRIED ANNUALLY:1,000,000

GUEST PROFILE:

30% are under age 35 40% are between 35-55 30% are over 55

This doesn't surprise me despite Carnivals undeserved reputation of a "party till you puke" cruise line. As a late 40's couple, my wife and I are looking for a vacation where we can go cut loose a little but still feel comfortable with the surroundings. I'm not going to impress anyone or be something I'm not.

We want to be spoiled a little, but don't need to be treated "like royalty".

That's fine for some folks and I hope they enjoy it.

With Carnival we can have moderately priced vacations more often.

We're both in our fifties (although my fiftyish is higher than his) and love Carnival.

I've cruised on the Danish line (in Europe), The Big Red Boat, NCL....which I hated and will not return to, just seemed "cheap"...a Greek and Italian line (my brain is gone ... I can't remember a darned thing today) both of those were wonderful but I love that part of the world...in this hemisphere I will stick with Carnival, RCCL and Celebrity (if I ever feel really flush)....

Ooops...forgot the Windjammer...love it but it's a different animal...~S~

Turned 67 today. I have cruised on RCL and the Premier(Big Red Boat before Disney). Like the activities of Carnival. Of course I have never been on a bad cruise.

We should be added to the list of over 50's who love Carnival. Actually DH is 63 and won't consider another line. He not a party person, but does enjoy watching others have a good time and likes knowing the party is there in case he does want to join in.

Co-worker in late 30's and fiancee went on a company sponsored HAL last month and was constantly "shhh'd" by the "blue hairs" for laughing in one of the lounges! Told her they need to go Carnival and have FUN! :rolleyes:

We went on HAL twice. We got a HUGE suite on the first one and that made up for the blue hairs, and the second one we got another suite but that was smaller. On that one it was a mix but mostly blues. But God they are like the walking dead on those ships.

Sounds like what my friend said. They are both well-educated professional people who like to have fun, and they were shocked by the behavior of the other passengers. She said they were acting like they weren't there to have a good time....just cruise and see the sights, but NO laughing allowed! :(

I'm 45 and I've been cruising on Carnival for 20 years. I've tried NCL and RCI and found those cruises to cater to a crowd that wasn't interested in lots of action. I love the fact that something is going on all the time on a Carnival ship, and I can choose to participate or not. I can always find a nice quiet spot somewhere, (even on a mega-liner) where I can enjoy a quiet conversation with my husband. I can also join in on all the fun without worrying what a 40+ year old lady looks like. I can dance next to the 20 somethings and not feel like I'm out of place. I love the action on Carnival, and will continue to sail on these ships, no matter what age I am.

:D

Archived