"Lower end" Captain's Club benefits/perks on upcoming cruise

can'tcatchup

With only one previous 7-day Celebrity Cruise to my credit (1 point, I guess), I'm wondering what, if any, perks I might look forward to on my upcoming Panama Canal cruise on the Millennium?

I heard there is some kind of reception or party that I'll receive an invitation for & that's all I was really expecting. But I've seen some comments that indicate there may be other little incidentals like discount coupons for on board services or products. Can someone fill me in on the scoop?

Also, anything on what the reception/party entails? And will my roommate, who isn't Captain's club be invited as a guest?

Thanks!

Classic Member Benefits* (after your 1st earned tier credit)**

• Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration Event onboard each Celebrity sailing
  • Complimentary use of the Loyalty Desk member service center between cruises
  • Complimentary access to the onboard Loyalty Host during your cruise
  • A premium onboard discount booklet filled with special offers during each cruise
  • Complimentary upgrade from ChoiceAir® to ChoiceAir Plus when booking travel for your cruise
  • Pre-sailing specialty restaurant reservations available before your cruise
  • Annual member Reunion Cruise with additional member events
  • One category upgrade prior to sailing (when available)
  • Complimentary online Captain's Club newsletter with the latest program news and information

Yes, your cabinmate would be included.

We are seniors & have been cruising for a long time on a lot of different cruiselines.

We finally hit Diamond on Royal Caribbean last year.

We were pleasantly surprised when we booked a Celebrity cruise after that & they gave us their Elite status in their partnership with Royal.

Their perks are fantastic & really add to the cruising experience.

I hope they never do away with the loyalty programs.

I know it takes awhile to accomplish. If you can ever swing a suite, remember they give you double points. We are lucky enough to travel just about anytime which really helps getting a high end room at a reasonable price.

We are seniors & have been cruising for a long time on a lot of different cruiselines.

We were pleasantly surprised when we booked a Celebrity cruise after that & they gave us their Elite status in their partnership with Royal.

I know it takes awhile to accomplish. If you can ever swing a suite, remember they give you double points. We are lucky enough to travel just about anytime which really helps getting a high end room at a reasonable price.

TO CAN'T CATCH UP,

Actually, Captains points on Celebrity are earned as follows...

1- Point for a sailing

1- Point for a sailing of 12 Nights or longer

1- Point for sailing in either Concierge, Aqua Class or a Suite

There are 3 Levels to Celebrity's Captain Club...

Classic - after 1 sailing (having at least 1 point)

Select - having at least 5 points

Elite - having 10 points or more

Celebrity - Captain's Club (FAQs) = http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqSubject.do?faqSubjectName=Captain's+Club+Loyalty+Rewards&faqSubjectId=64

*NOTE - Enrollment in the Captain's Club is NOT AUTOMATIC after your first sailing, you have to actually go on-line on the Celebrity Website to register

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

We wre just the opposite. We were Elite on Celebrity and became Diamond on our first RC cruise. What a nice surprise that was. loyalty does pay off.

~Doris~< Who loves her perks

Where can I find information about what the different RCL levels translate to at Celebrity Captains Club levels? Thank you,

If you are at least Diamond with RCI's Crown & Anchor you will be recognized as Elite with Celebrity's Captain's Club.

If you are at least Platinum (but not yet Diamond or higher) with RCI, then you will be recognized as Select with Celebrity.

If you are below Platinum level with RCI then you will not receive any reciprocity with Celebrity.

If you are at least Diamond with RCI's Crown & Anchor you will be recognized as Elite with Celebrity's Captain's Club.

If you are at least Platinum (but not yet Diamond or higher) with RCI, then you will be recognized as Select with Celebrity.

If you are below Platinum level with RCI then you will not receive any reciprocity with Celebrity.

Thank you for your quick response, Gonzo. Much appreciated !

Thank you for all the informational replies. It helps! After my Panama Canal Cruise, I will have 3 credits; so just 3 more & I can move up a level. I do have two 7-day cruises with RCCL to my credit & am a member of the Crown & Anchor club, but realize that's not enough to count for anything with Celebrity.

Now as to my other question: What can I expect at the "exclusive Captain's Club Celebration Event"?

The captain's club party was terrific. The menu of free drinks was quite large- while it is limited in that there is a list to choose from- they have something for everyone. There is a ton of free food- including dessert crepes. I came after attending lunch and would not do this again. It was great!!! The event itself was nice too! In my opinion it is not to be missed. Oddly it is usually in the middle of the day...

The captain's club party was terrific. The menu of free drinks was quite large- while it is limited in that there is a list to choose from- they have something for everyone. There is a ton of free food- including dessert crepes. I came after attending lunch and would not do this again. It was great!!! The event itself was nice too! In my opinion it is not to be missed. Oddly it is usually in the middle of the day...

I agree - great event and don't eat lunch first :)

Thanks' date=' it sounds very nice. I assume there will be an invitation in our room for it?[/quote']

You should receive a paper listing all the Captain Club events; if you do not receive it in your stateroom, ask your room steward.

Wow, 10 years on Celebrity and now I learn that this is an event not to be missed! I always thought it was like the Roll Call with rolls and coffee. I'll have to check it out this time. :D

So if I paid for two cruise fares with my credit card in the same cabin, do I get twice the credits?

No. And what is worse is when you pay for 3 cabins and they get the cruise credits!:eek:

Thank you for all the informational replies. It helps! After my Panama Canal Cruise' date=' I will have 3 credits; so just 3 more & I can move up a level. I do have two 7-day cruises with RCCL to my credit & am a member of the Crown & Anchor club, but realize that's not enough to count for anything with Celebrity.

Now as to my other question: What can I expect at the "exclusive Captain's Club Celebration Event"?[/quote']

You need to cruise 4 more on concierge class or above,you will be Elite on Celebrity and Diamond on Royal Caribbean.

Archived