Our Fabulous Vacation: My Liberty of the Seas Photo Review

Chrystal, what camera do you have? I just recently bought a brand new camera and after playing with the features for a while, it seems like it has most of the features, if not all, of the ones you used in taking these pictures!

Hi Pichu21! I have a Canon Powershot ELPH 100 :)

Just wanted to say you review was WONDERFUL! Kept me up all morning reading.:) I'm glad I'm on vacay. Just wanted to say what an awesome job. I keep looking at Crystal's pic and thinking...she's my twin. We do favor each other.:p:D

Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed the review. You're so fortunate to be on vacay right now...I'm still trying to catch up on sleep from this cruise! :eek:

Girl you know you can write a review. You have made it an art form! I love it. I am gonna have to come correct when I do my next one!

I had said one time before that we hope we can catch up with yall on a cruise one day, I can tell it would be Big Fun hanging out!

Good Job! :cool:

Girl you know you can write a review. You have made it an art form! I love it. I am gonna have to come correct when I do my next one!

I had said one time before that we hope we can catch up with yall on a cruise one day, I can tell it would be Big Fun hanging out!

Good Job! :cool:

Hey Mike! Thank you so much, you're hilarious! It would be great to see you guys on a cruise someday. Looking forward to your Freedom review! :)

Just bought the Canon Powershot ELPH 300 HS! :D

Niiiice! And you get to enjoy it on your cruise that's coming up! I played around with my camera a few weeks before we sailed. I didn't want to fumble around with it while traveling, so I got the hang of some of the functions before the trip. I hardly ever used the Auto feature. I mostly used:

Super Vivid

Fish Eye

Miniature (blurred the top and bottom of the frame-also helpful to take photos of food)

Toy Camera

Low Light (for dinner menus and some food)

Hi Amy! Thank you so much, that means a lot to me! :) I did have a blast writing the review.

I love your blog and reviews. I have one (link is in my signature), but I'm thinking of moving everything to wordpress. It seems so much cleaner than blogspot.

Wordpress is pretty awesome. It's definitely cleaner than blogspot and to me, it seems more reliable. They've released bigger and better versions lately and I just love the functionality of it. I suggest it to anyone looking to start a blog, but I can understand how moving a blog could be a hassle (there is an import feature though).

Off to check out your blog now!

Niiiice! And you get to enjoy it on your cruise that's coming up! I played around with my camera a few weeks before we sailed. I didn't want to fumble around with it while traveling, so I got the hang of some of the functions before the trip. I hardly ever used the Auto feature. I mostly used:

Super Vivid

Fish Eye

Miniature (blurred the top and bottom of the frame-also helpful to take photos of food)

Toy Camera

Low Light (for dinner menus and some food)

I am completely in awe of how many features it has. It's by far the best digital I've ever had.

I am completely in awe of how many features it has. It's by far the best digital I've ever had.

Yeah, I'm hooked on Canon cameras now. I would like to purchase an even better one sometime down the line, maybe take a photography class. We'll see.

Thank you so much! You'll enjoy the Liberty very much.

I've been looking at Labadee and Jamaica since we're planning to sail the Allure on the western route.

In Labadee, I hear that they have cabanas for rent. QTMichele wrote about them in her fantasitc Allure review, found here. Wes and I decided that we would likely book one of those. They just look so relaxing.

Wes is also interested in the insane looking zip line on Labadee, and maybe a trip out on a power boat or jet ski.

As far as Jamaica goes, we actually spent a few days in Ocho Rios at an all-inclusive a few years ago. It was our first vacation besides our honeymoon. We stayed at the Riu Hotel Ocho Rios. The resort was beautiful, and they had a jerk chicken hut that cranked out jerk chicken, sausages, and fabulous rice and peas all afternoon. We would get our plates, grab a couple drinks, and eat on the beach. Awesome. We're considering getting day passes for the Riu when we return.

Another consideration is hiring a driver there to take us around to find some authentic jerk chicken, and maybe go river tubing. If we don't do that, we'll likely walk around the port then get back onto the ship since there's so much to see on the Allure itself.

If you've never been there, Dunn's River Falls is nice. We didn't hold hands with everyone up the falls, it felt like if one person fell, everyone would fall. That chain of people thing never made sense to me :confused:.

I have already reserved a cabana for my upcoming Freedom cruise in September and doing Jet Ski's on Labadee also, so I will look forward to your review and pictures on your Allure Cruise! I am doing Dunn River Falls also, I am climbing it, but the wife is not! Besides the resort you were at in Ocho Rio, do you know any other place there you can grab a quick bite of some good Jerk Chicken???? I don't want to be in Jamaica and not be able to try the real thing!

I have already reserved a cabana for my upcoming Freedom cruise in September and doing Jet Ski's on Labadee also, so I will look forward to your review and pictures on your Allure Cruise! I am doing Dunn River Falls also, I am climbing it, but the wife is not! Besides the resort you were at in Ocho Rio, do you know any other place there you can grab a quick bite of some good Jerk Chicken???? I don't want to be in Jamaica and not be able to try the real thing!

Nice job on the cabana already! We did Dunns River Falls when we we in Ocho Rios. We didn't climb the whole thing though. About 3/4 of the way up, there's an entry point (or exit for those who can't make the last steep climb). We entered there, took pics, and Wes went to the top LOL.

And right there, Mike, you asked the perfect question!!! I think I've found the spot, sounds like it's the #1 place for Jerk Chicken on the island. It's called Scotchies, and since you'll be in Ocho, it's close by. Here's a blog article I found: Scotchie's. I sent it to Wesley (DH) and Rae (best friend from the review), and they instantly agreed that this HAS to be one of our stops! Can't wait!!!!

Nice job on the cabana already! We did Dunns River Falls when we we in Ocho Rios. We didn't climb the whole thing though. About 3/4 of the way up, there's an entry point (or exit for those who can't make the last steep climb). We entered there, took pics, and Wes went to the top LOL.

And right there, Mike, you asked the perfect question!!! I think I've found the spot, sounds like it's the #1 place for Jerk Chicken on the island. It's called Scotchies, and since you'll be in Ocho, it's close by. Here's a blog article I found: Scotchie's. I sent it to Wesley (DH) and Rae (best friend from the review), and they instantly agreed that this HAS to be one of our stops! Can't wait!!!!

Oh WOW! Scotchie's looks good! It makes me want some now! :cool:

Just wanted to add my thanks for taking the time to write this awesome review. I am in post cruise depression right now (have only had one cruise, but I am sooo hooked) and your writing style made me feel like I've been on another. I loved the energy and fun of you and your friends. Good job!:)

Oh WOW! Scotchie's looks good! It makes me want some now! :cool:

Yeah I wanted some yesterday and I ended up getting some rotisserie chicken from a great market. Not jerk, but pretty good for now!

Just wanted to add my thanks for taking the time to write this awesome review. I am in post cruise depression right now (have only had one cruise, but I am sooo hooked) and your writing style made me feel like I've been on another. I loved the energy and fun of you and your friends. Good job!:)

Thank you so much happyiam! I have PCD too, the only cure I've found is either reading a review or booking another cruise! :o

What ship did you sail on your last cruise? Sounds like you're hooked!

Edited by Host Faith

You know the saying "Go big or go home?" We went for it and were on the Oasis last October. What an experience for a first cruise! We were celebrating our 25th anniversary. Now I am busy reading reviews as we really want to experience one of the smaller ships. Just can't decide which one for 2013... Just finished reading your review on the Serenade. Loved it also. Decisions, decisions. Thanks again and I will look forward to more of your fun reviews. Happy cruising!

Love the review! Beautiful photos and it is evident by the photos that you guys had an awesome time! I'm heading out on April 22nd on the Freedom of the seas for our 4 year anniversary and hope we have as much fun as you guys did! Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!

You know the saying "Go big or go home?" We went for it and were on the Oasis last October. What an experience for a first cruise! We were celebrating our 25th anniversary. Now I am busy reading reviews as we really want to experience one of the smaller ships. Just can't decide which one for 2013... Just finished reading your review on the Serenade. Loved it also. Decisions, decisions. Thanks again and I will look forward to more of your fun reviews. Happy cruising!

Whoa what a great first cruise! And Happy Anniversary, such a great way to celebrate. We love the Serenade, any cruise out of San Juan is great since they take you to the Southern Caribbean. Happy cruising to you too!

I see you've decided on my sailing!! Yeahhhhhh! LOL Is Rae and her husband joining you? The Allure would be amazing for a couples vacation; one of these days I'll have to do that as well.

Hi Virtopia! Yes we decided on the 23rd. Are you on the Roll Call yet? I'll join it once I book on Monday. That way we can meet at the Meet and Mingle. My TA has a great sale in line with the WOW sale. Wesley, Rae, and her husband Rod are coming, we're going to have such a good time.

Love the review! Beautiful photos and it is evident by the photos that you guys had an awesome time! I'm heading out on April 22nd on the Freedom of the seas for our 4 year anniversary and hope we have as much fun as you guys did! Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!

My pleasure, and Happy Anniversary!! I'm sure you two will have a blast :)

Hi Virtopia! Yes we decided on the 23rd. Are you on the Roll Call yet? I'll join it once I book on Monday. That way we can meet at the Meet and Mingle. My TA has a great sale in line with the WOW sale. Wesley, Rae, and her husband Rod are coming, we're going to have such a good time.

Yes, I've joined the roll call. They have it quite organized over there, which is nice. I anticipate that the Meet and Mingle will be well attended as a lot of them are doing B2Bs with the Sept 30th sailing.

I'm completely looking forward to the sailing. My friend has only cruised with Carnival so she is going to be in shock when she sees the Allure and she's always wanted to go to Jamaica so we get to cross 2 things off her list!

Hi All! We finally got a good shot of Wesley in the luchador mask...LOL!!

Mask-1.jpg?t=1332616124

He is a good sport! The mask evokes the central character of a hit movie and Broadway play who gets around via a spider web.

Edited by klscaz
My comment was blocked.

He is a good sport! The mask evokes the central character of a hit movie and Broadway play who gets around via a spider web.

LOL! He does look like him! :D

Edited by Host Faith