Van size and comfort-Red October vs Denrus

evenpar

We will be in StPetersburg in August. We are a group of six and have been in communication with Red October and Denrus. Based on postings they seem to be about equal. However, we wonder what type of vans each use. What size, configuration, make, air conditioned or not units do each use? Thanks for your input.

I did a side-by-side comparison of Denrus to Red October for my tour. From the information I received, I believe the two companies use the same types of vehicles and are equal in this area. Here is the info that Olga gave me in reply to a recent question because I was confused about what "mini van" means in Russia.

"As for the capacity of the vans - we have several types of them, and it is a bit confusing when using the exact names - "vans", "minivans" etc.

I will just tell you the types of our transport:

Car - can accommodate 2 pax in the back + the guide in front (3 pax in the back is not comfortable, so we never use it this way!)

Van - up to 6 pax +guide

Van - up to 15 pax + guide

Then come regular buses - 44, 46, 49 seats...

We never pack the vans to it's full capacity - so that the passengers are very comfortable!

I hope I managed to answer your question, dear Donna!"

Denrus offers the option of having a car with or without air conditioning for the cars that hold 2 passengers only, and of couse the air conditioned vehicles are more expensive. All vans that accomodate more than 2 passengers are air conditioned. I noted in my e-mails that Red October uses the same type of vehicles, and I assume that Red October also does not pack the vans to capacity. We are using the 15 passenger van for our group of 10.

As noted on another thread, I found in my comparison of the two companies that Denrus came out ahead in 8 areas.

Hope you have a great trip,

Donna

Archived