Crown 2/4/12 Norovirus cruise/Travel insurance

kathy59

Wondering if anyone that was on this cruise has heard back from the Travel Insurance company about refunding their out of pocket expenses/hotel stays? We mailed our hotel receipts to the address in Calif. (that was on the Captains letter) but have not heard anything yet.

Wondering if anyone that was on this cruise has heard back from the Travel Insurance company about refunding their out of pocket expenses/hotel stays? We mailed our hotel receipts to the address in Calif. (that was on the Captains letter) but have not heard anything yet.

Did you initiate a claim on their website and get a claim number?

We were on this cruise. We did not need to submit an insurance claim as Princess put us up in a very nice hotel and gave us a $60pp per day food allowance. We were continuing on for the next voyage. We felt Princess treated us very well in a difficult situation.

Thank you for the tip on iniatiatng a claim. I will check into this. The captain had sent a letter to each cabin with the travel insurances address, so I didn't know I should do anything further. I thought Princess handled that whole situation well also. We had a wonderful time for the 4 days at sea but my husband had gotten sick the last night of the cruise. I had called the dr. in the a.m., they sent up medication & we were quarantined to our cabin during debarkation. Our names & 3 others were announced off the ship about 12:30 that day. We had drove to Ft. Lauderdale from Ohio, so we had to find a hotel to recover for that day. We were not offered a hotel by Princess, probably because we were only spending that week on the ship?

Just talked to Princess customer service. They had my information that I had mailed them and said they were back-logged but working on it. Told me to call back at a later date. If you ever need Customer Service phone number it is 1-800-421-0522.

Archived