Taxi Charges

slocav

Will the taxi driver charge per person if my group has a total of 4 people, or will I end up needing 2 cars anyways?

I see on the transfer map it is about $19.00 from airport to the port area.

If you have four people they will have you get in a van taxi. This is not a mini-van it is a full size van. We had four people in our van; two of them were kids but there would be plenty of room for adults as well.

The charge is per trip, not per person. The base fare if I remember correctly from the airport to the cruise ship terminal is $19.00 There is also something like a $1.50 fuel surcharge and then it is $1.00 per bag. We had three large suitcases and three carry on type suitcases. Our charge when we got to the port was $29.00 I know that doesn't quite add up correctly but the driver was very nice and we figured it was close enough so we didn't say anything.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot! Sounds like less of a hassle to take a taxi rather than the transfer bus.

Oh yes it is very simple and easy. There was lots of taxis at the airport, only had to wait behind a couple small groups of people to get on.

When we got off the ship there was a long line of taxi's waiting at the port. We literally walked out of the terminal and right onto a taxi.

Archived