Anyone did atv's with Shore Excursioneer

kalebnoah

Has anyone recently did the atv's with Shore Excursioneer in Belize. We are thinking about this but with the recent post of people not feeling that safe in belize has got me thinking. Also do you know if you double on the atv's is there enough room for two adults to ride together . Thanks for anyone's information.:o

Has anyone recently did the atv's with Shore Excursioneer in Belize. We are thinking about this but with the recent post of people not feeling that safe in belize has got me thinking. Also do you know if you double on the atv's is there enough room for two adults to ride together . Thanks for anyone's information.:o

doesn't seem like you are getting any response here. I know nothing about this but I suggest you go to ports of call board or excursion board (?). You probably will get lots of good info there.

doesn't seem like you are getting any response here. I know nothing about this but I suggest you go to ports of call board or excursion board (?). You probably will get lots of good info there.

Actually I'm thinking of doing this in Belize also in November. There is one tread in the ports of call that someone told me they did it and enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I don't have the link right now but definately go to the Belize board and do a search. Hopefully you will find it.

When you going? If you go before November, please come back and give me a review. If not, I'll come back and give you one when I return

girlscruise2011 I did search in the ports of calls as well, and only found one that said they really enjoyed it. I just wish I could get a recent trip experience. It sounds like alot of fun and they emailed me with all of my questions really within a day or so, but I don't want to keep emailing them with silly things I think of ,that I thought I could find the answers on here. I didn't post on the belize board because there have been the same questions sitting with no answer for the past couple of days , so i'm assuming that isn't getting alot of traffic. Anywho just thought I would ask for recent trips. We are planning this ,actually we will putting our deposit down next week, but with all the talk about belize being a bad port,just made me think. Hope this help ,and if we do end up going I will try to post a review for it on here or the belize board. Thanks for helping out.:o:o:o

girlscruise2011 I did search in the ports of calls as well, and only found one that said they really enjoyed it. I just wish I could get a recent trip experience. It sounds like alot of fun and they emailed me with all of my questions really within a day or so, but I don't want to keep emailing them with silly things I think of ,that I thought I could find the answers on here. I didn't post on the belize board because there have been the same questions sitting with no answer for the past couple of days , so i'm assuming that isn't getting alot of traffic. Anywho just thought I would ask for recent trips. We are planning this ,actually we will putting our deposit down next week, but with all the talk about belize being a bad port,just made me think. Hope this help ,and if we do end up going I will try to post a review for it on here or the belize board. Thanks for helping out.:o:o:o

I even did a google search and came up with just the basics too. The good thing is the few that did do the tour, did enjoy it. From what I've read, I don't think Belize is a bad port in general, I think its just a bad port to do things on your own. I think its one of the ports that with an excursion with a tour would be your best bet.

Enjoy your trip and please come back and let us know. As you know, its a help to others when you have someone who post a review.

• 6 months later...

girlscruise2011, this one is for you,lol.... Had the best time ever. Just a little advice ,don't book through shoreexcursions though. I was told by yhony's staff that they no longer work with them ,they wasn't recieving the deposit that was paid,so they no longer work with them. Also they don't honor the deposit that was paid to shoreexcursion,from what I was told. But they did honor our price they quoted us in the beginning. But all in all we had the best time ever in belize with yhony and the cave tubing place ,I would book straight throught them ,if you are interested. When we came back we were covered in mud and the kids had a blast and the adults ,that was the highlight of our trip. I can't express how much of a good time it was. Hope this helps with your decision.

• 4 weeks later...

I second the opinion- Don't book through Shore Excursioneer. We wasted a day and $30 in taxis only to find out our tour was being substituted. We waited nearly 1 1/2 hours while they tried to drum up more business ("10 more minutes"). We finally left. Shore Excursioneer refunded our money but stuck us with their Pay Pal fees.

girlscruise2011, this one is for you,lol.... Had the best time ever. Just a little advice ,don't book through shoreexcursions though. I was told by yhony's staff that they no longer work with them ,they wasn't recieving the deposit that was paid,so they no longer work with them. Also they don't honor the deposit that was paid to shoreexcursion,from what I was told. But they did honor our price they quoted us in the beginning. But all in all we had the best time ever in belize with yhony and the cave tubing place ,I would book straight throught them ,if you are interested. When we came back we were covered in mud and the kids had a blast and the adults ,that was the highlight of our trip. I can't express how much of a good time it was. Hope this helps with your decision.

I second the opinion- Don't book through Shore Excursioneer. We wasted a day and $30 in taxis only to find out our tour was being substituted. We waited nearly 1 1/2 hours while they tried to drum up more business ("10 more minutes"). We finally left. Shore Excursioneer refunded our money but stuck us with their Pay Pal fees.

Someone posted on the port of calls boards last month about Yony not working with them anymore, was it you :confused:. Since then I have booked directly with Yony. Its costing me more since he charges per person and we had a double booked with Shore Excursioneers for cheaper so now Mom (me) has her own. My kids can't wait to see me on it. They don't think I can keep up with them. Little do they know I use to drive sports cars when I was there age :D.

2 more weeks and I am there.

cheriemck, I'm sorry it didn't work out for work. They definately should have contacted everyone when this all came about. I cancelled a Cozumel excursion with them just because I didn't like the way they handled it with the other poster. FYI, I contacted them about the fees and they reimbursed me. Maybe you should contact them. No reason you should be out any $. Good Luck.

We've used Shore Excursioneer now for 3 cruises and had great service from them and the local operators. The first time we were a little confused since they use local times for their departures (some ships change time, others not). Belize is mostly one or even 2 hours behind ship's time, maybe that happened? I can only guess.

So far we have been extremely happy with them, we got the best prices and their customer service was second to none. Of course they rely on their local operators, like travelocity relies on AA planes to be on time...

• 1 month later...

It is very understandable that this company is not working anymore with cavetubing.com as you can see in the Belize news, the owner seems to be an aggressive gangster: Yohhny Rosado, cave tubing tour guide, got a personal prison tour

http://edition.channel5belize.com/archives/79645

It is a shame that competition has to be fought at such levels....we had such a peaceful time in Belize and I hope it stays like that:(

• 1 month later...
It is very understandable that this company is not working anymore with cavetubing.com as you can see in the Belize news, the owner seems to be an aggressive gangster: Yohhny Rosado, cave tubing tour guide, got a personal prison tour

http://edition.channel5belize.com/archives/79645

It is a shame that competition has to be fought at such levels....we had such a peaceful time in Belize and I hope it stays like that:(

Wow....that explains a LOT!

From what Yony told me at the time that I booked with him was that he stopped doing business with Shore Excursioneer because they were not paying them the agreed amount for the excursions so he stopped doing business with them. I know this story about Yony isn't good but the day we spent with him he was funny and friendly but of course, that was only a few hours out of the life so who knows the truth.

My experience with Shore Excursioneer was that I booked an excursion with them and they took my money for the excursion. They never notified me on their own that they were no longer offering the tour. It took someone on Cruise Critic to post their experience with them that had me question them and when I emailed them and asked them about what I read, they admitted to me that they were no longer doing business with Yony and were looking at other companies to do the tour. To me, thats dishonest. As soon as they stopped doing the ATV tour with Yony, I should have been notified of the situation. Without these boards, I may have spent my day in Belize scrambling for a last minute tour or nothing to do since ruins & cavetubing was not something I was interested in.

I completely agree with Girlcruise2011, They should have handled things better meaning "yhony and shoreexcursions". I was the one who posted it on these boards about my experience in oct 2012. Yhony is a nice guy and his business was nice. But once I was there I felt they should have honored our deposits we had put down ,and they didn't.They had been in contact with me for months about questions and adding more people to our party etc. Not a word from either parties until I was on a bus and about 30 mins into it was told they no longer work with Shoreexcursions. So just a warning. I will never pay all of the amount before hand ,make sure you take all paper work with you on each and every excursion you book.And make sure you bring extra cash with you ,because like us ,You too may have to pay the full price they are asking at the time of an excursion. We really did have a fantastic time after all of that ,but it was just a lession learn kind of thing. We never book anything on the boat ,we use these wonderful boards and have never had a problem before this.

Archived