Bringing wine on board

keegsgrammy

Bring the bottles in your carry-ons. After security there will be a table where you can put the $15/bottle corkage fee on your onboard account. At that point take the bottles on board with you. You may keep and consume them in your cabin, or if you take them to a restaurant or bar, they will give you a claim check for each bottle. You may turn in the claim check at any restaurant or bar to reclaim your bottle. This works well if you don't finish a bottle and would like to retrieve it later.

Making sure I understand this right......I need to put the wine in my carry on so it can be scanned and then paid for? If the porter takes it with my luggage I will be in the naughty room?

You will be if they see it and hold your luggage aside. I've never been to the naughty room but I see here on CC the line is long and boring. Thousands don't get caught but thousands do (on all the lines each week that is... I'm guessing?)

You can bring it in a wine bag or any bag. They put a sticker on it and charge your room account. We're bringing a few bottles this year. See how it goes lugging it around until the room is ready. We'll actually drink one while we have lunch. Maybe two! Just kidding. But for some reason I always seem to forget part of Sail Away :)

Making sure I understand this right......I need to put the wine in my carry on so it can be scanned and then paid for? If the porter takes it with my luggage I will be in the naughty room?

Yes you will. This is exactly what happened to me on the Dawn a few weeks ago. It was my first cruise and I was too dumb to realize I should have had our two bottles of wine in my carry on - duh.

When I was called down to the naughty room I knew what it was for, however there were other people there that had no idea why they were there and were getting upset. I was at the front of the line so I turned around and said "we're all down here because we tried to smuggle booze and we're going to get thrown into the brig!" The Stewards eyes got huge and he said with a heavy accent "No Brig! - No Brig!" Everyone broke down laughing, including the Steward and we were all fine, after I paid $30 for our two bottle of wine (sigh)...

Archived