Star room questions for Orcatek or others...

karfest

We will be taking 2 daughters, ages 17 & 20 to Mexico on the Star. I'm debating between getting a penthouse for the 4 of us, or adjoining mini-suites. It is actually cheaper to get 2 mini-suites, I'm wondering if a penthouse is worth the extra dollars. Orcatek, I love your review and pictures of the Star- would you get a penthouse again?

And why don't the aft suites accomodate 4? We had an aft suite on the Dawn Princess (for two of us) which could have housed 4 easily. There must be some reasoning for this, what is it?
This is just the beginning of my questions- I have almost 10 months to think of things [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Karen

Karen,

For us the Penthouse was a deal as the 3&4 person rates were very cheap, making in less than 2 rooms.

The butler and snacks and concierge service were very nice - but we really wanted two bedrooms and the really nice bathroom. The wireless phone for use on ship was great for finding each other.

It would depend alot on the dollar difference whether I would go for it again.

Orcatek

[url="http://www.orcatekweb.com"]Reviews[/url]
NCL Star 2002 - Hawaii
HAL Ryndam 2003 - Alaska

Archived