4I to 6A ES denied?

dettlja

So little substance? Really? If anything, the newbies are learning that Carnival Customer Service is a joke! And That Carnival apparently has no interest in thoroughly and uniformly training their staff on ES. I believe this thread is proving itself very educational.

I can certainly agree with that. ;):D

Parents are in a 4D...6A is cheaper but 4D is sold out. Their ES OBC was just denied for what it's worth.

"...Your Early Saver price protection request has been denied. The current rate for your stateroom category is the same as you are paying. The requested rate is not available for the stateroom category you have purchased. Lower rate must be: (i) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests. ...."

Parents are in a 4D...6A is cheaper but 4D is sold out. Their ES OBC was just denied for what it's worth.

"...Your Early Saver price protection request has been denied. The current rate for your stateroom category is the same as you are paying. The requested rate is not available for the stateroom category you have purchased. Lower rate must be: (i) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests. ...."

If the fare for a 6A fell below your current ES Fare (for 4D) you should be able to give up your 4D, upgrade to the 6A and get the OBC for the difference. A fair number have reported they didn't have to give-up their cabin - others have had to. ken

If the fare for a 6A fell below your current ES Fare (for 4D) you should be able to give up your 4D, upgrade to the 6A and get the OBC for the difference. A fair number have reported they didn't have to give-up their cabin - others have had to. ken

They don't want to give up their 4D, which is a few feet from our 9B cabin. The current 6A rate is still less than they paid for a 4D. Just posting for future reference by others.

Update:

Second request was also denied.

Please note your Early Saver price protection request has been denied for requested rate of $797.00. You have requested a rate for an ocean view category however you are currently booked in an inside category. Please be advised you will have to upgrade your cabin to the ocean view category in order to get the rate reduction.

Second request was also denied. Apparently if I can upgrade to an OV, get $90 back or I can stay put in my inside. Grrr. All I can hope for now is someone else with a 4I takes the upgrade, opens a room and I catch it on rate viewer. I guess ES isnt a great deal for the highest rooms in a catagory or someone who has a room type that has very few rooms.

Archived