March 18th Gem , need alternate directions to pier

jklotz5319

NYC Marathon is Nov 4, 2012. Perhaps this is another marathon? (I'm Googling now...)

EDIT: It's the NYC Half Marathon... http://nyrr.org/download/file/2929

If you are coming from Bethlehem, PA...go up PA Rt 33 to I-80 East. Cross the GWB and drive down the Henry Hudson Parkway that turns into the West Side Hwy. (I have family in Easton and a good friend in Bethlehem, so this alternate route can work for you.)

When you get out of the lincoln tunnel perhaps you can find your way to 6th avenue or 8th avenue and head uptown. Then make a left on 55th street and keep going until you get to the west side highway and then you will see the entrance for cars and parking for the piers

Enjoy!!

This is from the NYC DOT website:

Formation:

• Central Park West between 106th Street and 110th Street

Route:

• Central Park Loop

• 7th Avenue between 59th Street and 42nd Street

• 42nd Street between 7th Avenue and West Side Highway/9A

• West Side Highway/9A (southbound) between 42nd Street and Battery Park Underpass

• Battery Park Underpass between West Side Highway/9A (southbound) and FDR Drive-South Street Exit

• Old Slip (north side) between South Street and Water Street

• Water Street between Old Slip and Fulton Street

The above streets will be closed Sunday from 7am to 12pm for the NYC Half Marathon as permitted by the Mayor’s Street Activity Permit Office (SAPO).

I would stay away from the Lincoln Tunnel till after Noon. Use the George Washington Bridge.

I would suggest taking I-78 to I-95 to the George Washington Bridge. Once over the bridge, follow signs toward Downtown (West Side Highway - Route 9A). Follow 9A to the pier, on the right in the 50's (forget the exact street). You can't miss it - there's a big sign that says Ship Terminal and I'm sure you'll see the Gem.

Because of the NYC marathon on March 18th; 42st. will be closed. Any suggestions for alternate directions coming off the Lincoln Tunnel.

I'm coming the same direction you are (I'm in Flemington, NJ) I'm planning on 78 to the turnpike to the GW Bridge and down the West Side Hwy

Archived