Can you rent a tux on QM2?

dtwtraveler

They do, I don't remember the prices but know it is expensive.

After two rentals it will have worked out cheaper to buy one from one of the many discount suit shops. This way you have the tux for other events and all future cruises.

You can get a tux for under $200 if look around. In the UK Slater Brothers were doing dinner suits for £100.

You can rent a tux on the QM2. They are rented in the Mayfair Shop. If I remember correctly, the cost is about $175 for the jacket, pants, and cummerbund. They do not rent shirts, ties, or shoes. They do have shirts and ties for sale.

As others have pointed out the rental rate is expensive. However, if you want to ease of renting a tux onboard the option is available. With the new weight restrictions on airlines, the rental option may become more popular.

No, I am not absolutely certain that they do not rent shirts and ties on the QM2. We checked in the Mayfair shop in March of 2004 to see what the prices were and what was included. I know a shirt and tie were not included in the $175 rental fee. We were told that shirts and ties were available for purchase only. The price for a package with a shirt and tie was reasonable. I think it was in the $25 range. Things may have changed since March 2005.

Unfortunately calling Cunard directly is not reliable. You could probably call three different times with the same question and get three different answers. The most reliable information is obtained on these boards. Perhaps someone else will post who has rented formalwear on the QM2.

They also sell tuxedos on the QM2. However, I would assume you are interested in renting because you do not want to travel with a tuxedo.

Enjoy the QM2. She is a wonderful ship and you will have a delightful trip.

Thanks for the info. Because of the 50# luggage limit on AA, we're taking an extra suitcase. He's thinking of purchasing a tux. We'd have more room, and it would be easier than rushing down to the shop as soon as the safety practice is over. However, $25 for the shirt and tie is certainly reasonable.

Archived