Princess reneges on hotel reimbursement after cruise terminated early

6pack

That really is not a good customer service response, especially with the airport issue.

A supervisor from Princess called us today and told us that Princess is standing firm on not reimbursing us for the difference in airfare ($322). The supervisor said that she didn't have an answer regarding how we were to get home from Albany, NY. She also said that this is coming from the President of Princess. I am so disappointed.

Wow these situations are just terrible. It's always the way a company handles a problem that really shows how good (or bad) they are. At best, this thread has evidence of severe discrepancies. At worst, there are several people who appear to be treated badly.

I agree that the 'lesson' is to make sure you have insurance and apparently, not to trust an agent at their word. I fear in situations like this, sometimes a frustrated employee might tell customer what they want to hear, as opposed to what is the reality. I wish it was easy to get it in writing, but agree this is harder to do in practice.

If Princess terminated the cruise early, then why wouldn't the Trip Interruption portion of your travel insurance kick in and reimburse for additional costs if Princess won't??

I'm confident that our insurance will cover, however I've seen so many horror stories about insurance companies reneging one never knows! In saying that, they are usually linked to medical bills. I'm still amazed how poorly a number of us have been treated by Princess. It's very short sighted on their behalf.

Update - we sent a certified letter to the CEO, with copies to the SVP of Sales and Customer Service and Exec VP of Princess this week. This afternoon, my husband received a second call from the supervisor that he talked to the other day and she said that Princess will NOT send us a $322 check for our additional air fare but they will give us a $150 credit each ($300 total) for the cruise that we are booked for this October. She did mention that the letters we sent had arrived. She said they were doing this because we were long time cruisers. We had suggested a future cruise credit when we talked to her the first time and she said "no".

We did agree to the credit. We thought about canceling the cruise but we are going with another couple.

Update - we sent a certified letter to the CEO, with copies to the SVP of Sales and Customer Service and Exec VP of Princess this week. This afternoon, my husband received a second call from the supervisor that he talked to the other day and she said that Princess will NOT send us a $322 check for our additional air fare but they will give us a $150 credit each ($300 total) for the cruise that we are booked for this October. She did mention that the letters we sent had arrived. She said they were doing this because we were long time cruisers. We had suggested a future cruise credit when we talked to her the first time and she said "no".

We did agree to the credit. We thought about canceling the cruise but we are going with another couple.

October is a long way off. No penalties involved. I'd reconsider.

Hi 6pack,

I would e mail the CEO, better than a letter in that it can be forwarded to loads of folks for a reply,

I assume you do not know the name of theperson who gave you the information onboard the ship.

yours Shogun

We had a prob. once and sent DH to take care of it. Disembark morning. DH said they told him to call Princess when we got home and that they gave him a card. I asked to see it, "canned princess bus card" no name. After breakfast I told went & told them that they would take care of it and when they tried to tell me they couldn't, the hotel mgr. came by and when I told him of the problem, he went in back and then within a minute, it was taken care of. Murphy's law always attacks me so I always triple check and get things in writting.

Archived