Cost to upgrade on transatlantic cruise

chrob

Does anyone know the cost to upgrade from a balcony to a suite on a 14 night transatlantic cruise?

I know there may not be any suites left when we get to the pier co-ordinator's desk at check-in but would like to know the cost in advance so that we can decide whether to try or not...

If you upgrade from a balcony room to a suite before your cruise, I expect that you will find that the cost is the difference between the price of a balcony room and the price of the suite. If you wait until you get to the pier to ask for an upgrade, you will:

1) take the chance that there are no suites available, or

2) be charged whatever they think the traffic will bear (which might be less than the difference in the list prices, and might not). The upgrade price likely varies according to the sailing.

Always make sure that you book a room that you will be happy with, if you end up sailing in it. Don't book a less than satisfactory cabin in hopes of getting an upgrade.

I am happy with the room we have booked but would take the opportunity to have a suite if available at a reasonable cost.

On previous RCI cruises we have up-graded at the pier from a balcony to a suite for $400 but this was a 1 week cruise only.

As this Transatlantic cruise is 14 days, I wondered whether the cost would be doubled to $800 or whether it is a standard $400 for upgrade to a suite from a balcony.

Anyone done this recently?

I know that it does vary by cruise length, but I remember a poster (some time back) mentioning a pier upgrade for a longer cruise for balcony to suite was in the $600 to $700 range. OTOH, I'm sure it does vary some from ship to ship and sailing to sailing.

beachchick

Archived