Captains of NCL Ships

Hi Chief Officer,

Welcome to the CC community! You've come to the right place to find out everything you need to make cruising a great experience, and to give back info afterwards.

The only thing I can think of - much like asking who the current hotel dir./cruise dir. are - would be for people just back to post who the Captains are. The info can be found in the first Freestyle Daily given out, which lists all the various officers & staff from the Captain on down.

I'll start -

Niklas Peterstam was the Capn. of the Dawn in May, and pretty much the last year. Not sure who relieves him when he's off.

BTW, seems this is one captain who has become a passenger favorite. What a gentleman. Handsome, too. icon_smile.gif

Capt. Peterstam was the Captain of the Star when I sailed on her in 2002. A very polite man and very professional. We had an emergency on board and had a change in itinerary and he personally came on the PA several times to not only keep us informed of the changes in our schedule, but also the status of the injured passenger. A class act.

Is there a particular ship you are inquiring about? We know two of the NCL Captain's personally and have had contact with a couple of others. I might be able to help, depending on the ship.

Joy

Sensation, 2/20/2000

NCL Sky, 3/4/2001

Grandeur, 2/20/2002

NCL Sky, 9/1/2002

NCL Norway, 2/2/2003

NCL Star, 4/6/2003

NCL Star, 1/25/2004

Joy,

I was looking for Captain Robert Tiege. He is a friend of mine, whom I have lost touch with over the years. I would like to maybe squeeze in a cruise this summer, and would like to try and get on his ship, unless it is Alaska....Thanks for your response.

Mari

• 2 weeks later...

The Norway is being sold... there are several threads here about it and it's fate.

It would seem highly unlikely that it will sail again at this point.

Cliff

Carnival Holiday November 2001

Norwegian Sky 11/4/2002

Norwegian Sky 11/11/2002

Norwegian Wind 10/11/2003

Norwegian Dawn 12/14/2003

Norwegian Sun 02/08/2004

Archived