Norway at Universal Studios

I have been going to Universal Studios in Florida on a regular basis since they opened. Never noticed this sign before until last week. There is a NCL billboard in the San Francisco section at roof level. It has a beautiful painting of the Norway. It also has the old orange sunburst NCL logo below. Text below says 'The only way to ride' and official cruise line of Universal if I remember correctly. Very impressed and will be sure to bring my camera next time we go on our season pass. I have to add that the sign is a little faded and could use some loving care.

I have noticed another NCL advertisement in Orlando after leaving the Norway exhibit in EPCOT. A poster at eye level that rotates among others proudly showing the Norway. Also a sign listing Norwegian, Royal Viking and Royal Cruise line as one 'big happy family' exiting the EPCOT boat ride in Norway and a large mural of one of the three Royal Viking sisters of the Kloster era when boarding. The Royal Viking mural brings back fond memories as we have sailed one of them as NCL's Sunward in the early 90's. First time picking up on the Universal sign though. You can just feel the pride that NCL had in the Norway.

These displays must be part of a long multiyear deal when Universal and EPCOT were bulit. Hope at least the Norway ones are around for many more for those of us who miss her so much. Fitting tributes in places that millions visit.

Archived