Dining options for Infinity?

ALadyNCal

I can't get the search function to work right now [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

On the Millie (05/02) I don't recall any specialty restaurants really. I know there is the main dining room, the buffet, room service, poolside burgers, and a healthy dining spot near the spa.

Are those basically the same options for the Infinity?

Thanks [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

[I]Celebrity Infinity 02/2005!;
NCL Sun 02/2003; Celebrity Millennium 05/2002; Ocean Princess 10/2001; Ocean Princess 8/2001; NCL Sea 7/2000; Ocean Princess 3/2000; Celebrity Mercury 10/1998; Star Princess 3/1996; NCL Dream 8/1995; Azure Seas 2/1991 [/I]

I could tell you about infinity, but it would go on forever!

This ship 10/91
That ship 11/95
Whatever ship 12/98
here a ship 13/99
there a ship 14/00
everywhere
a
ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

Hi Lady - Cabo here.

There is indeed a specialty dining room on Infinity - a replica of the SS united States dining room. It's quite elegant and worth an extra $25 (or maybe $30 now) per person in my view. The service was wonderful and the piano player was quite good as well. Reservations required. a tip is not required, but you may do so if you feel you received service above and beyond.

Thre's also a more casual option on the buffet deck, which appears to be largely staffed by up and coming wait staff and maitre d's in training. Quality and selection was not quite up to the main dining room, but if you prefer not to get too dressed up - it might work for you. Reservations are required for this option (no extra charge, although we did leave a tip).

In general we found the Infinity main dining room to be just fine with excellent service from our waiter and asst waiter. Our sommelier was not as impressive.

The breakfast and lunch buffet was also quite good with very helpful service from the waiters who assisted DW and DMIL as needed.

Enjoy!!

Enjoy

There is also the S.S. United States which is the Specialty Restaurant. There is an additional charge for dining there. We enjoyed the food and service.

Linda

Viking Serenade - Mexico 1/92, Sovereign of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean 10/94, Nordic Prince - Mexico 2/95, Legend of the Seas - Panama Canal 2/96, Song of Norway - Alaska 6/96, Song of America -Mexico 2/97, Century - Western Caribbean 5/97, Song of America - Mexico 2/98, Vision of the Seas - New England 9/98, Vision of the Seas - Panama Canal 12/98, Legend of the Seas - Mexico 4/99, Rhapsody of the Seas - Mexico 2/00, Rhapsody of the Seas - Vancouver/Hawaii 9/00 Rhapsody of the Seas - Mexico 2/01, Infinity - Panama Canal 9/01, Vision of the Seas - Mexico 2/02, Disney Magic- Eastern Caribbean 10/02, Splendour of the Seas - Western Caribbean 2/03, Constellation - Transatlantic 10/03, Mercury -Mexico 2/04, Infinity - Hawaii 12/04

Thanks! Now I remember the specialty restaurant! We were so exhausted the night we ate there that it had slipped my mind.

[I]Celebrity Infinity 02/2005!; NCL Sun 02/2003; Celebrity Millennium 05/2002; Ocean Princess 10/2001; Ocean Princess 8/2001; NCL Sea 7/2000; Ocean Princess 3/2000; Celebrity Mercury 10/1998; Star Princess 3/1996; NCL Dream 8/1995; Azure Seas 2/1991 [/I]

Archived