Celebrity and Potty Training Question

mymollysue

My Brother and SIL are taking their kids on a celebrity cruise this summer. Their youngest child is 3 years old and she is potty trained. But she needs help with wiping and pulling up her pants. Do the counselors help with that or will she need to be able to do that by herself in order to go into the kids club? They still have some time to work on it if she needs to do that by herself but I figured I would ask just in case.

We were on a Celebrity cruise when our son was 4. He was potty-trained but not yet wiping for #2. Bottom line (if you will pardon my pun!), they will not wipe or help in the bathroom. But, that shouldn't be a big problem if the child isn't in the kids' club for super-long stretches of time. Our son went to the kids' club during dinner, and it wasn't a problem at all.

At that age, our son usually didn't go #2 at nursery school or in any setting other than home. He went at home when I -- his mom -- was around, and he was relaxed. It's funny how kids do that. So, it was no problem leaving him in the kids' club on Celebrity for two or three hour stretches.

Spend a little extra time working with the child now, and dress the child so that she can handle the pants on her own. It's not the end of the world if she doesn't wipe correctly. You can always change undies or clean her up better later on.

I agree with alj208.... it probably will not be a problem.

If the child is in daycare have your Brother and SIL ask the provider to write down the time of BM's, if they have a stay at home parent in the home they should pretty much know his schedule. Kids sometimes have a schedule of when they have to go. They can then plan on keeping him with them.

My DD is 3 and goes like clock work (10 am and 6 pm). She is still working on the wiping for #2 and does an OK job most of the time, if she is not in a hurry. Of course kids are unpredictable and the excitement of the cruise and vacation may change normal patterns.

Archived