Blu/aqua one night MDR

tblato

hi all,

Will be on the Eclipse on the 24th next week for my first time with Celebrity and my girlfriends first cruise. We are booked in an Aqua class room so we will be dining in BLU. I did however want her to experience the MDR as well so was wondering what night and how I would go about getting a table for us. Any one think

we should try for a formal night so she at least gets to experience that ? we are also booked one evening in Murano And one in Qsine. Or should I not even bother with the MDR for dinner?

Thanks

Tom

Tom :

i took my first Celebrity cruise in January. The MDR , is a spectacular room, unlike anything onshore. I was on a two week cruise and also staying in AQ. Definitely eat in the MDR for the ambiance.

I just asked the Maitre d, and given that we were flexible they sat us. We even booked a table with a large group of mainly AQ people near the end of the cruise. We asked the maitr d in Blu to help us, and he did.

Qsine is great.

Tom :

i took my first Celebrity cruise in January. The MDR , is a spectacular room, unlike anything onshore. I was on a two week cruise and also staying in AQ. Definitely eat in the MDR for the ambiance.

I just asked the Maitre d, and given that we were flexible they sat us. We even booked a table with a large group of mainly AQ people near the end of the cruise. We asked the maitr d in Blu to help us, and he did.

Qsine is great.

Please don't forget the guy/gals in the MDR. Your gratituties are going to Blu so don't forget tip them in the MDR. ~ Ric

Please don't forget the guy/gals in the MDR. Your gratituties are going to Blu so don't forget tip them in the MDR. ~ Ric

Just when you think you have all the tipping figured out, you see a post like this.

I had absolutely no clue we needed to individually tip the waiter in the MDR if we ate at Blu. We would have definitely stiffed someone as we never take cash to the MDR.

How much? We always tip extra in cash for specialty restaurants....but I'm thinking not as much as we tip in that case, but I have no idea now.

Those who would normally be in the MDR on select dining but are doing something else that night will have pre-paid. You will be using their spaces, so overall it has no effect upon the staff as they are pre-paid.

Archived