BOS March 5th 2012 not impressed.

1st time sailing with RCI we are Platinum Cunard passengers; must say for outlay paid for this 7 night Dubai cruise category D2 really not impressed.

Tatty bed linen same sheets not changed daily.

Toiletries a joke no even a shower cap.

Smoking +++ we were not warned about this suffering from the effect of passive smoking with sore throats.

Service at 9pm sitting o.k on 1st 2nd nights then standard of both service & food very very poor: made my comments to Snr restaurant staff but only polite sorry no address to amend situation.

Chops expereience far more in keeping with Cunard experience shame they charge you extra for it.

Little/no advice on shore shuttle times maybe due to very poor tanoy announcements unable to hear.

Positive great room stewards, from the 2 shows we saw they were good.

Entertainment manager was more suited to Ocean village very immature.

Dire customer relations 1 blonde foreign girl in particular during the course of a conversation said to me 'whatever' I requested she did not say this again as I was not seeking from her clarification to my queries.

Overall a poor 2/3 star experience.

Very poor quality for price paid.

Would I do RCI again ??? jury is out.

I am a loyal Cunarder.

Liketravel :(:confused::cool:

1st time sailing with RCI we are Platinum Cunard passengers; must say for outlay paid for this 7 night Dubai cruise category D2 really not impressed.

Tatty bed linen same sheets not changed daily.

Toiletries a joke no even a shower cap.

Smoking +++ we were not warned about this suffering from the effect of passive smoking with sore throats.

Service at 9pm sitting o.k on 1st 2nd nights then standard of both service & food very very poor: made my comments to Snr restaurant staff but only polite sorry no address to amend situation.

Chops expereience far more in keeping with Cunard experience shame they charge you extra for it.

Little/no advice on shore shuttle times maybe due to very poor tanoy announcements unable to hear.

Positive great room stewards, from the 2 shows we saw they were good.

Entertainment manager was more suited to Ocean village very immature.

Dire customer relations 1 blonde foreign girl in particular during the course of a conversation said to me 'whatever' I requested she did not say this again as I was not seeking from her clarification to my queries.

Overall a poor 2/3 star experience.

Very poor quality for price paid.

Would I do RCI again ??? jury is out.

I am a loyal Cunarder.

Liketravel :(:confused::cool:

Bye bye and enjoy Cunard.

Sorry you had a bad time on RCCL.

The problem with the Dubai cruises is that they are priced very high.

Had you taken an RCCL cruise in the Mediterranean or Caribbean, you would have sensed more value for the money.

It really isn't fair to compare RCCL to Cunard. RCCL is usually compared to Carnival, NCL, Princess, etc.

Cunard is usually compared to Silversea, Crystal, etc. Frankly, in that league, we felt Silversea and Crystal were far superior, and we didn't like Cunard at all (we took the Queen Victoria on a 12 night Med cruise in the "Master Suite"). Queens Grill was just ok, and we thought Todd English was a great disappointment.

It's nice to have different choices, but you really shouldn't have gone in expecting RCCL to be like Cunard.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Archived