Spring Into Summer Sale

CRUISE4JANE

We are booked ES, but we are past guests. The rep at Carnival allowed the price drop from the sale, but said nothing about the onboard credit. We were given $100 total off our balance (final payment is in April).

I called back to ask about the onboard credit, and the second rep made it sound like I wasn't even eligible for the Sale rate because it was for new bookings only. I stopped asking questions and told her thanks for checking about the onboard credit.

If the sale is still on tomorrow, I'll call back again to see if I can get the onboard credit offered with the sale. I can't tell from reading this thread if posters were able to take advantage of the rate and the credit with existing bookings. I don't want to seem greedy, but I hate leaving money on the table.

Either way, the money will be spent onboard!:D

It looks like there is a sale for first timers and one for past guests. Same sale name, different pricing.

I can claim a $30 credit, OR move from our aft interior to an OV frd on the Riviera deck. Would that be an upgrade at all? I know some people hate Fwd cabins but I'm not sure WHY

you are going from a cat 4 to cat 6. You'll have a window if you take the cabin on the Riviera deck so that's an upgrade.:)

Bill

We are booked ES, but we are past guests. The rep at Carnival allowed the price drop from the sale, but said nothing about the onboard credit. We were given $100 total off our balance (final payment is in April).

I called back to ask about the onboard credit, and the second rep made it sound like I wasn't even eligible for the Sale rate because it was for new bookings only. I stopped asking questions and told her thanks for checking about the onboard credit.

If the sale is still on tomorrow, I'll call back again to see if I can get the onboard credit offered with the sale. I can't tell from reading this thread if posters were able to take advantage of the rate and the credit with existing bookings. I don't want to seem greedy, but I hate leaving money on the table.

Either way, the money will be spent onboard!:D

Isn't the sale up to $100 off and best available upgrade? I'm not 100% sure that's why I'm asking.

You said they took the money off of your bill but didn't get OBC. I think the only way you get OBC is if your cruise was already paid off.

I think there are a couple sales going on now so I might have things mixed up.

Bill

Why would you be so rude? Sorry I do not know anything about forms, etc. as I have never done this before. Therefore, I have been on the boards seeking info and what to do and how. Some keep saying to call PVP or Reps and others say they use the forms. Yes, I did get one price drop last night and did not have to send in a form. It was done quickly. In the future, I will know more what to do, but as of last night and this morning, I did not. We go on the boards for info and do not need rude people like you to make comments. Incidently, I was not moaning! Thank you for your help!

sorry you struck a nerve yesterday with your snobbish post belittling people who shop at Walmart.

That's the way i grew up with hand me downs and the cheapest clothes my parents could afford so it hit home.

You should be thankful you can afford the finer things in life, but show a little sensitivity. Not everybody is as fortunate.

Sorry everybody for being off topic. My apologies.

Bill

sorry you struck a nerve yesterday with your snobbish post belittling people who shop at Walmart.

That's the way i grew up with hand me downs and the cheapest clothes my parents could afford so it hit home.

You should be thankful you can afford the finer things in life, but show a little sensitivity. Not everybody is as fortunate.

Sorry everybody for being off topic. My apologies.

Bill

I did not mean to hurt anyone's feelings. All I was doing was stating that I do not like Walmart. Everyone has their own opinions to where they shop and what they buy and what they like. A snob, no I am not, like to buy better clothing than at Walmart, yes I do. If I were a snob, I wouldn't be cruising on a Carnivall Cruise Ship which I understand after being on these boards is a Walmart Cruise and the snobs cruise on RCI and the other cruise lines. As far as the hairy chest contest, no I wouldn't go to it. I think that is tacky. Do I love the other activities, yes I do. Do I like the type of people on Carnival, very much. I don't want to cruise with snobs, yet you called me one. Just because I like to shop at better stores doesn't make me a snob. Again, I didn't mean to offend you.

Got my ES approval ($100), of course, it is off my balance, still have a few weeks before final payment. I'll take it!

Submitted it yesterday, bout 8 am, got the confirmation bout,

12:30 am last night.

Not bad (16 hours later) considering email after submitting it said

5-7 days.

I'm stoked:cool:

Heck I am on day 12 from my original price drops and no word from Carnival. I am guessing it will be another 12 days for this one.

I am going to call directly in a bit and get 25 different answers I guess.

Check your balance on Carnival.com.

Two weeks ago I submitted a price reduction for our Sensation cruise. Two days later my price was dropped in My Cruise Manager, but I have yet to receive an email.

Heck I am on day 12 from my original price drops and no word from Carnival. I am guessing it will be another 12 days for this one.

I am going to call directly in a bit and get 25 different answers I guess.

I would say to check your balance on "My Cruises" too on the Carnival site. I've submitted 4 price drop forms and never received one email approval from Carnival. The price adjustments were shown in My Cruises though. Hope that helps!

Check your balance on Carnival.com.

Two weeks ago I submitted a price reduction for our Sensation cruise. Two days later my price was dropped in My Cruise Manager, but I have yet to receive an email.

I checked and no drops so I called today. I was told they could not locate the drops I submitted ads hence was denied 7 days ago(no e-mails to let me know). I have screenshots but those evidently do not matter and didn't want them e-mailed. I was told to just resubmit them. I guess I need to wait another 12 days and call them again.

Like I said in another thread. Its a cheap cruisline so my expectations are not high as far as efficiency or consistency. No big deal, its to be expected IMHO. I was happy with the original booking price so losing out on price drops isn't going to kill me. Just a little irritating.

We have several cabins booked for family members. Our cabin was reduced with the "summer sale" but my family in the same cat. got denied because they were not "past cruisers". WHAT? Doesn't make sense to me.

just got price break $35.00 per person. i also call pvp at carnival to let him check for me and he makes notes in my file. hes great....also, i have early saver, and he told me it works, ive paid in full, but, will get obc. works for me. but, you also have to fill out early saver form. this is the second reduction, so far weve got $157 on board credit. i love carnival. i told my husband our obc & hes figuring out how many buckets of beer we'll have credit for!!! :) just cant wait!!!!

Yipee.Got an e-mail on my girlfriends cabin and the drop was applied and the cabin stayed the same as well as the taxes and fees. Went and checked mine and it was adjusted as well.

$90 per cabin helps. It was reduced from my fare since we have not paid in full yet. Fine by me. Parents cabin still cheaper through ES rate so I am leaving that alone. Heck theirs went up a bit. Good thing I booked them ES.

This is the latest. I decided to call a Rep at Carnival to find out more about this. I booked ES and I was told by Rep that I would not be denied the $100 price drop because I booked ES and it is not for just new bookings. Yes I did send in the form and you need to as she couldn't do it. I am hopeful, but I am still waiting to see the outcome. Sent in my form yesterday. :) Hope I and all you ES bookers get it.

This is the latest. I decided to call a Rep at Carnival to find out more about this. I booked ES and I was told by Rep that I would not be denied the $100 price drop because I booked ES and it is not for just new bookings. Yes I did send in the form and you need to as she couldn't do it. I am hopeful, but I am still waiting to see the outcome. Sent in my form yesterday. :) Hope I and all you ES bookers get it.

Oops! I forgot to say this was the Summer Sale.

Grrrrr I'm so jealous. Havent heard anything yet on my submission. PVP said I qualified for both upgrade & obc to be specific & give them cabin # I wanted. I did. I always get an email with approval but checked my cruise like some suggested & nothing yet.

Archived