Recent complimentary specialty dinners for M-Class suites?

psueaz

For those who cruised THIS YEAR in an M-class suite, were you offered a complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant? Also did you have access to Blu?

I'm aware of Celebrity's stated policies, as well as their new suite web page that contradicts the older dining and ship information web pages. So that's why I'm asking recent cruisers about their experience.

Thanks in advance for the help!

For those who cruised THIS YEAR in an M-class suite, were you offered a complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant? Also did you have access to Blu?

I'm aware of Celebrity's stated policies, as well as their new suite web page that contradicts the older dining and ship information web pages. So that's why I'm asking recent cruisers about their experience.

Thanks in advance for the help!

We cruised in Constellation in Jan, but not in a suite, but did ask friends on the staff and was told, that is an S-Class Perk. CS does not have Blu so I did not ask. ~ Ric

On Millennium last month I was in a suite and received a free complimentary dinner on the first night at the Olympic. It was a great meal.

Millennium does not yet have Blu, so cannot comment on that portion of your inquiry.

We cruised in Constellation in Jan, but not in a suite, but did ask friends on the staff and was told, that is an S-Class Perk. CS does not have Blu so I did not ask. ~ Ric

On S-Class ships it is a guaranteed perk. On M-Class ships it is a discretionary perk. On M-Class it is often extended to suite guests on the first night of the cruise, especially those staying in Celebrity Suites and higher (Sky Suites sometimes receive the perk as well, but are less likely). Occasionally the perk is extended on nights other than the first night, but this is not nearly as common. Also occasionally the perk is not extended at all.

On S-Class ships it is a guaranteed perk. On M-Class ships it is a discretionary perk. On M-Class it is often extended to suite guests on the first night of the cruise, especially those staying in Celebrity Suites and higher (Sky Suites sometimes receive the perk as well, but are less likely). Occasionally the perk is extended on nights other than the first night, but this is not nearly as common. Also occasionally the perk is not extended at all.

Thank you RMS and Gonzo for the speedy replies.

Gonzo, were you in a Celebrity Suite?

We were on the Connie in November in a CS and did not receive an offer for a complimentary specialty dinner. We had awesome tablemates though!

We were in a CS on Connie in October and we were offered a complimentary specialty dinner for the first night. I have heard of it happening both ways.

Our experience on M-class ships is that approximately half the time the first night a suite passenger is offered a meal in the specialty restaurant for a $5.00 cover charge. This offer doesn't seem to be consistent. For example, we were not offered a complimentary dinner on a October 2009 sailing on the Constellation, but on an April 2010 sailing on the Constellation were offered a specialty restaurant dinner for the $5.00 charge. Both times we were in Sky Suites (S1).

Ok, that may have had a little something to do with it :)

It definitely helped, but we did chat with some people in a Celebrity Suite on our sailing and they had received the invite too.

Archived