Tell me about staying on the Lido

Kverlinger

Not much traffic in the hallways because of the design. The Splendor atrium is in the middle, as you come off the elevators or the stairs, you walk around the atrium to the big sliding doors behind the stage, not down the narrow hallways the cabins are on. I'm sure most people didn't even realize that cabins are so close to the lido. I just stayed on the Panorama deck, deck 10 and loved it! Walked down one flight of stairs, passed the atrium and I'm there. Never ordered room service, the walk did me good. Wished I was still there!!

Moonshell------

You will absolutely love it.

WE will be sailing on the Victory in less than 2 weeks, and I can't wait.

So many positives to being on the LIDO.

The last 3 cruises have all been on the LIDO as well. And IMHO a balcony is worth the extra money.

You can walk outside at anytime of the day/night and have your own little space. And if you happen to dock on the side with your balcony it's great for watching PIER RUNNERS .

We had a lido cabin on the Glory and loved it. It was so handy when we'd go sunbathe and realize we'd forgotten something back at the room, or if we wanted a break from the noise and sun. We were pretty close to the doors to pool area,etc. but never heard noise from out on deck at all. Also there was no excess traffic in our hall. Lido hallway had an area which was open and you could look all the way down to the main lobby. There was a grand piano down there and occasionally some ship activity took place and we could very faintly hear music or people laughing from down there , but not loud enough to be a problem. You'll love this area - Lucky you !

I loved my Lido cabin last year on the Magic, it was quiet yet really close to all the action. So easy to get a diet coke refill! No more foot traffic than any other cabin I've had, people use the elevator that are nearest to them, and if they want to walk to the back or front of the ship for some reason they'll do it outside. If I can score such a cabin in the future I will be a happy camper!

Not much traffic in the hallways because of the design. The Splendor atrium is in the middle, as you come off the elevators or the stairs, you walk around the atrium to the big sliding doors behind the stage, not down the narrow hallways the cabins are on. I'm sure most people didn't even realize that cabins are so close to the lido. I just stayed on the Panorama deck, deck 10 and loved it! Walked down one flight of stairs, passed the atrium and I'm there. Never ordered room service, the walk did me good. Wished I was still there!!

I agree. We always stay on the Panorama Deck. If I couldn't get the Panorama Deck, my second choice would be the Lido Deck. We too have never ordered room service. It's so close to everything that you don't need to.

We are booked in this exact same room on the valor 4/14. It will be our first Lido deck room.

9294 on Valor is awesome. When you are on your balcony, facing the sea, to your right is another passenger balcony; to your left is a large air conditioner unit; does not make noise; above you is a full ceiling, so anyone on the deck above cannot see on to your balcony. The balcony is very private, which we liked.

Say hello to Alit and Nada, the head cabin steward and assistant, respectively, from LKYGSR. They are the GREATEST! We were B2B on Valor Feb 26 and March 3 in this cabin. If you are getting anytime dining, ask for Alexandrea (Alex), excellent head waiter, great service!

One warning, the chairhogs were very very bad on both our sailings, be prepared for that challange.

I upgraded from an ocean view 6C on the Triumph to an 8E balcony on the Lido just because I read this thread...thanks everyone! The best part about the upgrade it was only 10 bucks and it is our first balcony! Very excited! :D

We will be staying on the lido again in Jan on the magic - we will never book anywhere else!!!! It was AWESOME! We had a port cancellation because of weather and when the announcement was made we all just looked at each other and yelled SEA DAY and we had no issues getting to the lido for chairs as we were only 1 door away!!

Also it's great to just run back to the cabin quick for a refill of your mug of rum/punch or bathroom breaks or just go get a quick snack and bring it back to your room

We LOVED THE LIDO!!

We book Lido on all ships that have rooms on Lido.

We absolutely love being so close to the pool, the food, the Seaside Theater etc. I love getting coffee, breakfast danish etc on lido and taking it back to my cabin and enjoying it on the balcony. This way I don't have to wait for room service, and I fill up insulated coffee mugs that I bring from home with the coffee, and it stays nice and hot.

We were on the Splendor Lido 3 years agoe. It was a gty balcony and we got the first cabin next to the double doors that led to the outside.We were right next to the speakers and the outside movie theater. I was really nervous it would be loud, but b/c of the double doors we heard nothing. It was a great cruise! Very convenient to be on the Lido.

Exactly! Because of the double doors there is virtually no noise in the cabin areas. Enjoy your cruise!

I upgraded from an ocean view 6C on the Triumph to an 8E balcony on the Lido just because I read this thread...thanks everyone! The best part about the upgrade it was only 10 bucks and it is our first balcony! Very excited! :D

:D 10 bucks is a great deal!!!!

Not loud at all. I loved being so close to all the action especially when I was a sun lover........now most of my time is spent on the Promenade, so I moved downstairs........:p

We love being on Lido......Love it, Love it, Love it. No noise at all....

We are booked on the Splendor for the April 22nd Cruise on the Lido as well.

After I booked it I wasn't sure if I had made the right decision. I was worried about noise etc. BUT I liked the idea of being closer to the bars and restaurants.:cool:

Glad to see everyone's positive reviews!! :D

Archived