How do you get to St Paul de Vence from Cannes on your own?

gam888

We are in port from 7 to 6pm in Cannes in August. Would like to either take train or bus to St Paul De Vence on our own.Could anyone who has done this please share your experience with us. If you have booked with a private vendor, who did you book with and what the cost is? There are five of us. Wonder if the train or bus schedule is frequent and if there is a long walk to the station from the port? Or would it be better to hire a private vendor?

Here is some info from the web. We did it from Nice but you can easily take the train from Cannes and the train station is very near the port. They are helpful to tourists there aslo.

"The best way to reach Saint Paul de Vence from the major Riviera cities is by train and bus. From any Riviera city, take the train to Cagnes sur Mer. Exit the train station, turn right and follow the road for about a block or so. Do NOT stop at the bus stop you see on the right, but continue to the bus stop across the street on the left hand side instead. The bus costs about 1-2 euros per person, takes around 15 minutes, and goes straight to the entrance to Saint Paul's fortification.

The bus runs about every half-hour, with the fewest runs at lunchtime or on Sundays and holidays." I don't recall if there was a bus number you need to know but we just asked the people who were waiting and they told us. Maybe someone on here can give you the exact number for the bus. Cagnes sur Mer seemed like a very small town. We had no trouble doing this. When we arrived in St. Paul de Vence it was mid-day and the tour buses had not yet arrived with the afternoon crowd.

It was a very nice visit and I recommend going there.

Thanks Cadreamer for your reply. Just want to verify the location of St Paul de Vence. On the Google map, north of Cagnes Sur Mer, I see a place called St Paul, and then north of St Paul, I see Vence. So when people refer to the town St Paul De Vence, is it referring to the town St Paul, or the town of Vence? St Paul de Vence looks really nice on Youtube. Just want to make sure we are heading to the right town. Wouldn't want to end up in the wrong place. Thanks.

Archived