Need help choosing balcony location Conquest

joshd33

Currently we have a balcony on the Empress level of the Conquest. Thinking of switching up to the Lido deck. Bad move? I've always heard that the farther up the ship you go, the more you feel the motion, but is that really the case?

Any insight would be most helpful. TIA

-josh

Motion is not really that bad unless there are high winds. Most of the time its just a gentle rocking. We are leaving on the Conquest this Sunday and have a balcony on the Empress deck, starboard aft. We chose this deck due to there being cabins above and below which cuts down on the noise level. Not sure if that's an issue for the Lido cabins, but we didn't want to chance it.

I have stayed in a very forward (first on the starboard side) cabin on the 12 deck (NCL ship). I am very prone to motion sickness and took a Bonine each day. I had no problems at all and loved being up that high. I have an aft balcony on the Empress deck for our Valor cruise and that is the lowest deck I will ever have stayed on. I think you will be fine if you choose to move up.

Archived