Oh dear Thomsons make me laugh

We received our cancellation notice in the post today, along with a copy of the confirmation of our original booking on the Dream and our new booking on the Celebration.

For starters, on the Dream confirmation, the total price was showing as £300 more than our confirmation email, irrelevant, i know as it has been Cancelled.

Secondly on both confirmation forms, it states " Thank you for booking with Thomson, we hope you enjoy life onboard Thomson DESTINY"

Well i hope not as we are going on the Celebration, but i had to laugh.:D:D:D

We received our cancellation notice in the post today, along with a copy of the confirmation of our original booking on the Dream and our new booking on the Celebration.

For starters, on the Dream confirmation, the total price was showing as £300 more than our confirmation email, irrelevant, i know as it has been Cancelled.

Secondly on both confirmation forms, it states " Thank you for booking with Thomson, we hope you enjoy life onboard Thomson DESTINY"

Well i hope not as we are going on the Celebration, but i had to laugh.:D:D:D

Oops!!

Gizzie - have you heard who the Cruise Director will be on Celebration this summer? I have heard rumours that it will be Ray Bauers - would be good if you can let us know when you do - he was great when we were on the Spirit!

Oops!!

Gizzie - have you heard who the Cruise Director will be on Celebration this summer? I have heard rumours that it will be Ray Bauers - would be good if you can let us know when you do - he was great when we were on the Spirit!

Hi,Second that,he is a very good CD,but I think he is on the Dream.

Hi,Second that,he is a very good CD,but I think he is on the Dream.

I copied this from the Thomson Website (Not sure how up-to-date it is)

Stephen Guy Cruise Director, Thomson Dream

I've had the pleasure of being the Cruise Director on all the Thomson ships – Spirit, Celebration and Destiny. And I'm really looking forward to continuing my role on Thomson Dream. Being at sea is brilliant. I love meeting new people and seeing them come back time and time again – it lets you know you're doing a good job. Being able to sing and perform as part of a great team is fantastic, and it's an honour to know we all contribute to the enjoyment of our passengers' holidays.

:)Can anyone tell me what happens at the end of the cruise when we will be spendinf a week in Marmaris, the ship docks at 6 am, but you won't get into a hotel till the afternoon. Do they allow you to stay on board till its time to travel to hotel?:):):)

I think you will like the Celebration. It was our first cruise and got us hooked:) I expect you have heard of the "wobble", but you won't notice it after a while. I have to say that the Braemar really vibrated as we docked in Havana last year. So much so that people's plates fell off the table in the buffet:rolleyes:

Yes I've heard about the wobble, we are on deck 7 in a suite, but from a lot of the comments I've seen the suites are not worth the extra. Too late its booked. We were in a lovely suite on the balmoral, although don't think we will book suites again it adds too much on to your holiday.:)

When are you going Gran? we are also going on a cruise and stay, will be staying in Oludeniz.

Regarding the cruise director for Celebration, i think i can find out. I thought someone said it was a man called Bram or something but i will fine out if i can.:)

Archived