NCL Crew are they what makes a cruise?

Holy cow...what a great video! Please send it to NCL - they'll love it!

This video should be a sticky on the top of the NCL board page.

Thank you for taking the time to make and share it with us.

Now I want to get out there and book another one!

Awesome video OP! Thank you for sharing! I'm glad I wasn't the only one crying with joy!:)

67 days Star to Bermuda, this is why I cruise like a Norwegian. Thank you for posting the happiness that abounds if you just want to embrace it.

11acr Are you on the Star May 27th to Bermuda? :confused: Come join our rollcall and chat with those of us on your sailing.:) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=32976612#post32976612

Do you know if this is the same Carlos which was concierge on the Jewel Jan 2010? For whatever reason DH and I got VIP prevliges on this trip. Carlos & John O'Hara, along with a few others made this the most special trip DH and I had ever had. What made it so special and memorable were just the extra, unasked for little things.

Carlos and John O'Hara are two of the NCL people I will never forget.:)

Sweet video:D

Thank you so much for sharing that video. I am now wiping away tears, smiling, and sniffling all at once.

You have captured the essence of NCL, and all it's people. I absolutely LOVE the tagline "Care like a Norwegian." Indeed, the caring shows through in every frame, and every clip!

Absolutely fantastic video, which I will probably watch at least a dozen times more.

Again, THANK YOU, for making the video, and for sharing it!

Bravo!

:D:D:D

What a fantastic way to show your appreciation to the officers, staff and crew! Thanks for sharing this with us. It was like being on the cruise with you. Due to DH's health issues, we have not been able to cruise for a while. Cancelled one last Oct. and usually go in Jan. and May but things are looking up, hope to start again towards the end of the year. We hope to have a late 30th wedding anniversary celebration on one of NCL's ships, probably out of NYC. Our 25th was celebrated on the Spirit with our Family and NCL officers, staff and crew, who have become really close friends over the years.:D

Paul,

In your video I spotted Vladimir. If you happen to still have your Dailies, could you tell me what the current entertainment looks like in the lounges. We'll catch the theater shows & headliners but I'm wondering about Medusa Lounge music, piano/vocal, house band, etc.

Thanks! You've really got us excited about the Jade next month and every little tidbit helps.;):D

Paul' date='

In your video I spotted Vladimir. If you happen to still have your Dailies, could you tell me what the current entertainment looks like in the lounges. We'll catch the theater shows & headliners but I'm wondering about Medusa Lounge music, piano/vocal, house band, etc.

Thanks! You've really got us excited about the Jade next month and every little tidbit helps.;):D[/quote']

Hi Barb I have the dailies and can scan and send them to you by email if you need them. We were lucky that Vladimir came up to the Villa and played for us whilst we had my birthday party, such fun. ;)

Hi Barb I have the dailies and can scan and send them to you by email if you need them. We were lucky that Vladimir came up to the Villa and played for us whilst we had my birthday party, such fun. ;)

Thanks for the kind offer but you need a rest after putting together the video. Plus I don't have an email I can post here.:(

Maybe if you can just pick off a few names from the front page where they mention the music around the ship that will give me a good idea.

Loved it when Vladimir played piano on the Dawn in the MDR and the one time we were on the Jade. Wonder if he's still doing that? On the Gem in Jan. they had a fellow named Michael who did the same thing and it made for very enjoyable dining and certainly nicer than piped in music.

Sounds like your birthday celebration was really special.

Haven't seen Carlos in a few yrs so that will also be a treat for us. And I think I spotted Al Amazon so suppose he's Guest Svcs Mgr. Sailing with Denis Prguda as HD in his native Croatia and Captain Mikael Hilden will be the icing on the cake.

See, I'm putting together the pcs of the puzzle thanks to you!:):)

If NCL's marketing department does not want to hire you or give you a free cruise after this this they are insane. This would by far want to make me sail with NCL more then what they currently have, although it is their song. Very well done. I would hope that you will be hearing from Mr. Sheehan soon.

This is why I choose NCL!

:)

Thanks for the kind offer but you need a rest after putting together the video. Plus I don't have an email I can post here.:(

Maybe if you can just pick off a few names from the front page where they mention the music around the ship that will give me a good idea.

Loved it when Vladimir played piano on the Dawn in the MDR and the one time we were on the Jade. Wonder if he's still doing that? On the Gem in Jan. they had a fellow named Michael who did the same thing and it made for very enjoyable dining and certainly nicer than piped in music.

Sounds like your birthday celebration was really special.

Haven't seen Carlos in a few yrs so that will also be a treat for us. And I think I spotted Al Amazon so suppose he's Guest Svcs Mgr. Sailing with Denis Prguda as HD in his native Croatia and Captain Mikael Hilden will be the icing on the cake.

See' date=' I'm putting together the pcs of the puzzle thanks to you!:):)[/quote']

Barb The musicians around the ship are :

Vladimir Krivian, Tim Dion, Guys & Dolls, Les Year,Ian West, Sound Bytes

The shows are:

Celia & Julian

Showdown

Sanders & Allison

Maestranza Spanish Ballet

Shout the mod musical

Brenda Cochrane

Elements

I think that covers it so have a great time. I have to say my birthday celebration was very special, yet another video has been produced :p of the birthday day which is uploading to Youtube as I type so will be should be available soon. :)

To all thank you so much for your kind comments addressed to my DW and myself, and on behalf of the crew (whom we consider friends) thank you for your kind comments also.:)

We produce these crew videos as a fond reminder to ourselves, and a way of thanking the guys onboard for caring for us. We know that they send the link home to friends and family to enable them to see who they work with etc. which we think is really cool. We always make an effort to try and catch the crew that are not normally seen by us guests, the guys down on deck five and below who really make the ship tick. :cool:

Very few parts of the video are orchestrated, we simply wonder around the ship and catch people just doing their jobs. The intro with Capt Kim was the second he did the first was in our hammock but we decided that was just a little too laid back (even for him) ;)

We gave the butlers and our stewards carte blanche to do whatever they wanted in our suite and in the Haven when no other guests were about, so they came up with the crazy antics.

Carlos of course is the crazyest and that came about after he had seen what the other guys had done. He asked to come to the suite one evening and shocked us when he climbed into the hot tub, that was all his decision :):)

Finally to answer one question posed, we make sure that NCL in Miami is aware of the videos, we don't receive any favours for producing them, which is fine with us, and I do agree about the DSC. I would force those cheapscate, miserable ba****ds to watch it for twenty four hours, before I had them throw off the ship. Which is probably why it's a good thing I don't run NCL ;)

Anyways thank again all!!

Just back off the Jade last week, as usual a fantastic cruise, made so special by the crew, check out this Youtube and see if you recognise anyone, trust me it's worth waiting for Carlos the crazy concierge.

AWESOME! Thanks for sharing! I think anyone who has been on an NCL cruise would appreciate this - and want to get back on a ship ASAP! :D

:)

Barb The musicians around the ship are :

Vladimir Krivian, Tim Dion, Guys & Dolls, Les Year,Ian West, Sound Bytes

The shows are:

Celia & Julian

Showdown

Sanders & Allison

Maestranza Spanish Ballet

Shout the mod musical

Brenda Cochrane

Elements

I think that covers it so have a great time. I have to say my birthday celebration was very special, yet another video has been produced :p of the birthday day which is uploading to Youtube as I type so will be should be available soon. :)

Thanks, Paul! Looks like a good variety. Must say when we were on Jade a few yrs ago there was a combo in Medusa Lounge called Guys & Doll. I really like the old standards & big band hits but just did not care for their style. Heard the same from many others. Oh well.

Do you recall who the CD is and how long he/she might be onboard? Among your memorable crew highlights, any standouts on the CD staff?

Thanks again!:D

Archived