Epic Category B1 Aft Cabin Questions.

For some background, we have previously cruised on the Pearl, Dawn & Star B1 & SF cabins on Deck 10 with the larger balcony. We are looking at booking a B1 cabin on the Epic for 2013. It appears that on the Epic all the B1’s have the same size balcony. Is there a better cabin or deck for the B1 on the epic or are they all the same? Is there any advantage/disadvantage (other than only one neighbor) on the corner cabins?

I have read about vibrations being a problem in these cabins. We never had any issues with vibrations or the movement on the stern of the ship on any of our other cruises. As much as we love the stern, if the vibration is as bad as some say, we may change to a B6 cabin. Any thoughts from previous stern cruisers?

You want to pick a cabin that has the bed by the balcony. The room layout flows much better otherwise you have to juggle moving around the bed and the sink.

I had a corner aft balcony room 12310. This was my first aft experience and if I were to sail the Epic again I would not book an aft cabin due the the vibrations and motion.

I've read from reviews that the aft vibrations on the Epic are nothing like the other NCL ships so if you loved the Jewel Aft for example you might not love the Epic's. Someone posted the vibrations reminded them of being in a massage or pedicure chair and I thought that was a perfect example! All night long you shake and vibrate, it drove me a bit crazy.

We had two days of high winds in the Atlantic and the boat would move from side to side, it was annoying. Once we were in the Caribbean the side to side motion pretty much stopped but the vibrations were an all the time thing.

Pulling into or out of the ports caused a different vibration especially if the boat had to turn around. Wow, it felt like an earthquake!!

The Epic is a great ship and if you want to deal with vibrations then the Aft is a great place to be, if not, I would pick a midship balcony. Some people who have been in the Epic Aft balconies have no problems with the vibrations while others can't stand it. It just comes down to what you want.

I hope this helps you out! :)

You want to pick a cabin that has the bed by the balcony. The room layout flows much better otherwise you have to juggle moving around the bed and the sink.

I had a corner aft balcony room 12310. This was my first aft experience and if I were to sail the Epic again I would not book an aft cabin due the the vibrations and motion.

I've read from reviews that the aft vibrations on the Epic are nothing like the other NCL ships so if you loved the Jewel Aft for example you might not love the Epic's. Someone posted the vibrations reminded them of being in a massage or pedicure chair and I thought that was a perfect example! All night long you shake and vibrate, it drove me a bit crazy.

We had two days of high winds in the Atlantic and the boat would move from side to side, it was annoying. Once we were in the Caribbean the side to side motion pretty much stopped but the vibrations were an all the time thing.

Pulling into or out of the ports caused a different vibration especially if the boat had to turn around. Wow, it felt like an earthquake!!

The Epic is a great ship and if you want to deal with vibrations then the Aft is a great place to be, if not, I would pick a midship balcony. Some people who have been in the Epic Aft balconies have no problems with the vibrations while others can't stand it. It just comes down to what you want.

I hope this helps you out! :)

I was indifferent at first, but the vibes got to me by the end of the week....

Archived