3pm-9pm in SJ...what to do with 2 tweens?

nursemommy7578

Castillo San Cristobal may interest them, and that's just a short walk from the pier. It's the largest European fort built in the Americas, complete with a dungeon.

The walk outside the city gates may interest them as well. After you get off the ship, take a left and just keep walking along the road that's by the pier. You'll go through the plaza de la princessa and then find yourself outside the city walls. In a short distance, you'll pass the city gate and then find yourself in an area with lots of feral cats.

Beyond that, I don't know what a tween would be interested in. I found Old San Juan to be mostly about history. I hear there's a beach somewhere, but we never saw it in our two days there.

I am not sure if the tweens will like the forts/osj unless they enjoy just walking around and history. The segway tour, if offerred in the evening, may be somewhat interesting since they get to ride around on one of those.

If zipling is offerred that late, maybe they will enjoy that. When we did it, there were several tweens (and some younger) doing it and we all had a blast. That excursion lasted about 3 to 3 and a half hours ir so. If you did something along those lines, by the time you get back, you can just browse, souvenir shop..etc for a bit and then it will be time to head back to the ship.

For a tween I would probably try to do that sort of excursion vs. looking at historical sites for hours.

Regarding the Segway tour - we were there a few days ago in the eveningi and saw a group doing it (maybe they were just finishing it as they were on Paseo de La Princesa, approaching their offices near the piers). All I know is that it was already dark - about 8 pm or later.

Archived