Caribbean princess March 11 - 18 review

shaunster12

Guess this means I am on my own to find a first class hotel room in London for a decent price?

I have been a little shocked as I have searched. I knew London was expensive but prices in London seem out of proportion with Barcelona and other parts of Europe right now, probably because the pound is strong vs the Euro and dollar.

I do not think that the Pound is strong against Euro/ Dollar in fact I feel that it buys me a lot less tha pre 2008 exchange rateswhen I have visited Eurozone or US.

I have seen plenty American/Canadians cancel the tips so its not just a British thing...Also Cruise Critic roll call threads do rub it in somewhat regarding how little US citizens pay for cruises compared to the Brits.. Plus the refunds on price drops, onboard credits all these stack up in favour of the US cruisers .

I have seen plenty American/Canadians cancel the tips so its not just a British thing...Also Cruise Critic roll call threads do rub it in somewhat regarding how little US citizens pay for cruises compared to the Brits.. Plus the refunds on price drops, onboard credits all these stack up in favour of the US cruisers .

And thereby justify stiffing the crew? :confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

And thereby justify stiffing the crew? :confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

No an even playing field... I made two seperate comments... I have never cancelled tips .. Just pointing out that Princess receive much more $$$ from UK pax than US pax..

Your stiffing coment made me laugh... I thought even an Idiot could see that its the cruiselines that are stiffing the service staff..:confused::rolleyes:

At least some got a shorten cruise ...

We were booked on the March 18th trip from San Juan. They sent cancellation notice 3 days before. How do you recover from such a let down and recover all those expenses ?? This was our 30 year anniv cruise and impossible to re book with 3 days notice. They did say they could get us on April 1st but wanted $200 more per person - now they quote $400 more per person. No credit to my charge account yet. Message me if you were effected by what is now 2.5 cancelled cruises. They knew they had this problem in January.

Sure any ship can have a problem but to instantly increase fairs $200 and the $400 is well beyond the credit for cancellation 25% bounus they were giving.

The Air Voucher they gave is marked $0.00 credit.

Sheeeesk ... What a 30 Year Annv cruise ..:mad::mad::mad:

The cruislines are indeed stiffing the crew. This "gratuity"' date=' is the crew's pay. I really wish it were simply added to the base fare.

Idiot? Really?[/quote']

I agree.Just makes tips part of the cruise fare.And as a side benefit this would eliminate 90% of "tipping" threads on here.

We received a full refund today. Cruise fare, airfare and transfers all refunded.

Have to commend princess on that one, how they dealt with other people I dont know but for us princess did very well in a difficult situation.

RE tips, we can accept a reasonable charge, for example on P&O they ask for £3.10 (about $4.90) per person per day, however princess ask for $12 per person per day, thats too much in my opinion, hence why we removed auto tips and did it ourselves.

Archived