Family Cruise on Conquest 3/11-3/18/2012

ginjer2911

OOps, I forgot the second part of your question. We were back at the port area between 1:30 and 2. There was a line for the tenders, but it moved really quickly. I don't know when we had to be back on the ship, but I know we had plenty of time before the ship left. We were supposed to leave at 5pm, but left at 4pm. I'm guessing because everyone was already back aboard.

OK, time to finish this review.

Sorry, I couldn't finish this earlier. Work has been crazy!!

Cozumel: Nachi Cocum

We had been to Nachi Cocum before on our last cruise and loved the place. I decided to book Nachi again when I found out there were going to be 7 ships in port and that we didn't dock until 10am. My fear was that all the free beaches would be extra full.

Getting a taxi from the port area to Nachi is way simple. Just head to the left and away from the buildings you will find a large taxi area with many taxi's waiting to take you where ever you want to go. Cozumel has set prices for taxi's and fares are per taxi not per person. This information will come in very handy for us later on in the day. Taxi's from Puerto Maya to Nachi are $15 each way.

DSC00281.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

idyllic beach setting at Nachi. Individual palapas with two or four lounge chairs. I don't think the girls ever sat down except to eat.

DSC00309.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00311.jpg

The last time that we were at Nachi they didn't have any activities to do. Now, they offer a range of activities at an additional price. Boat rides; snorkel trips; jet skis; etc.

They also had this bouncy toy thing in the water. It cost us $20 extra for the girls to play on it. We were told it was the cost per family, but I'm not sure if we were just told that because it was 2 or if the price would be different if you had 4 children. No adults are allowed on the toy. It has a slide, a round tube thing and a trampoline in the middle. The children are required to wear life jackets which they provide.

DSC00282.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

One of the other aspects that I like about Nachi is their pool with a swim up bar. The pool is about 4 1/2 feet deep with a small shallow area at one side. This was about 1 foot deep.

DSC00310.jpg

There is also a small hot tub for adults only. While it isn't very hot it did feel good when the sun was shaded.

Lunch is included in the price and was a three course deal. An appetizer, main dish and desert for everyone (even the kids).

So, after a fun filled day at Nachi we asked our server to get a cab for us. When the taxi arrived we got in and was waiting to leave. We then saw the driver talking to another of the servers and slyly slip him some money. At this point two other ladies got into our taxi with us. On the way back to the port dh talked to the ladies about splitting the taxi cost and them told the driver that they were going to International Pier instead of Puerta Maya. So, the driver dropped them off first. Dh got out of the taxi so that we could settle things amongst all of us with the driver. At that point he tells dh and the other ladies that it would be $15 for each group of people since he had to make two stops and there was 6 people. The ladies paid him the money and departed. Dh and the driver got back in the cab. I started talking to the driver stating that is is very clearly written that the price is per taxi and not per person and that he decided to add these ladies without asking where they were going. He argued the entire way there that it was $15 each group because there was 6 people in the cab. I told him that when we get to the pier we would talk to one of the people in charge of the taxi's. When we arrived the driver immediately got out to find the person in charge. Dh went with him and luckily, knows a little Spanish and was able to tell what happened. The person in charge at the taxi area told the driver that it was indeed $15 per taxi and that he should have found out where these ladies were going before he added them into the taxi. The driver was not happy, but I was very happy that the stated rules were followed.

I wanted to let everyone know about this taxi incident; not so that you would be worried, but so that you would know what to do if there is a problem. These guys are at every pier in Cozumel and work as a go between for you and taxi. If you have a problem with a taxi don't be afraid to use them.

Our last sea day was much like the others. Girls going to Camp Carnival and dh and I relaxing either in the room or on an open deck.

Debarkation was as simple as could be. I don't know how they could move off 3500 people in the span of 2-3 hours without a little bit of chaos. We ended up waiting in an area that I don't think we were supposed to, but I think the staff felt sorry for us because we had all this stuff and two little girls and they just let us be because we were causing any problems. And even though we were in zone 11 to debark we were able to get off with zone 5. Again, I think they felt sorry for us. The biggest thing I hated about debarkation is having to be out of your room at 8am, but not being able to get off the ship until 9 or later. The T-L lounge was packed; the lido was packed and I was really tired of moving around to girls and all our stuff. That's when we just found a place out of the way and parked.

All in all this was a wonderful cruise and would love to do it again. My girls had a great time at Camp Carnival. Dh and I got our much need relaxation time and everyone was happy.

DD2 woke up on Monday morning after the cruise and said she still wished she was on the cruise. I said... Me too sweetie.....me too.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived