Travel Insurance before the final Payment

Is there any advantage in purchasing travel Insurance, except to cover existing conditions, before you make your final payment. We do not have any pre-existing medical conditions and was wondering if there is any other reason to purchase now, or just wait. :confused:

Mike

Pre-existing conditions are about the only thing I can think of. You would also want to take into consideration anyone not traveling with you that might become suddenly ill or have a condition that could cause problems before or during your cruise. In otherwords, if a parent or child not traveling with you became ill and you had to cancel or cut short your vacation, some if not all insurance policies should cover this.

I prefer to buy the insurance when I book the cruise for convenience only. Just one less thing to worry about and it doesn't cost me a lot of money out of pocket if I should have to cancel.

Thanks everyone, I thought so. I guess if you have to cancel before making final payment the only thing you would be out is the cost of the insurance policy. If you had a large family, that could be a large sum.

Archived