Caribbean Princess Repair Update

jchipgcs

No, I don't have one. I'm hoping we can get a discussion going with legitimate information on the repair process. There was a crew members wife posting some updates on another thread but that thread is more "compensation" talk now.

So, any new information on repairs and the state of upcoming trips on April 1, 8, 15 and beyond would be great.

I wonder if Princess is going to make lemonade out of lemons by refurbishing other areas of the ship while it's just sitting there. Otherwise when they do decide to refurbish it again, they'll have to take it out of service!

Hopefully, no news is good news. I did ask yesterday when I called Princess for another reason. The representative didn't have much to offer but said as far as she knew, everything was on schedule for April 1st.

I do wish they wold post current updates on their website- the same message has been up since the 15th

I was scheduled on the 3/18 sailing. Was already in San Juan and saw the ship docked on Wednesday 3/14. I knew something was wrong. I called princess on 3/15 and they wouldn't give me any info. I found through my travel agent about the cancellation. Princess would not even hold us a reservation on other ships later that week, they wanted us to decide in the spot. We were a party of 3 booked on a full suite and did not even get a "we're sorry" out of them. Just a refund and a 25% credit. Were able to book a 5 day cruise on the Fascination (thanks, Carnival) on a tiny inside room. Felt like a sardine, but at least got to go.

The CP is still in San Juan. They are supposed to dry-dock in Nassau for the repair. The vessel has to navigate very slow,, so it'll take at least 2 or 3 days just to get to Nassau. I can't see how it can sail on April 1st, given the fact that it is still in SJU. My advice would be to try to book something else, since Princess made the decision to cancel 3 days before our cruise. They haven't been good about giving progress reports. Im very dissapointed and angry with how the handled our cancellation and lack of compensation in this matter. They ruined the vacation for 3,000 fellow passengers from our cruise, and 3,000 more who we're supposed to sail next week. Be proactive!!!

The CP is still in San Juan. They are supposed to dry-dock in Nassau for the repair. The vessel has to navigate very slow,, so it'll take at least 2 or 3 days just to get to Nassau. I can't see how it can sail on April 1st, given the fact that it is still in SJU. My advice would be to try to book something else, since Princess made the decision to cancel 3 days before our cruise. They haven't been good about giving progress reports. Im very dissapointed and angry with how the handled our cancellation and lack of compensation in this matter. They ruined the vacation for 3,000 fellow passengers from our cruise, and 3,000 more who we're supposed to sail next week. Be proactive!!!

I don't think they are planning to send to the ship to Nassau. There were reports of that originally but if that were still the case the ship would have been underway as soon as the passengers disembarked on Sunday.

Sorry you were expecting more than a full refund and future cruise discount.

Roissy- I see this is your first post.....

Where are you getting your info?:confused:

A fellow cruiser on my 4/15 cruise has a spouse on board as crew and the report is that the repair will happen in SJU.:o

Also there isnt a dry dock in Nassau- it's in Freeport.:rolleyes:

Seems to me you are a little bitter and trying to bring others down...quite a shame really.:(

Roissy- I see this is your first post.....

Where are you getting your info?:confused:

A fellow cruiser on my 4/15 cruise has a spouse on board as crew and the report is that the repair will happen in SJU.:o

Also there isnt a dry dock in Nassau- it's in Freeport.:rolleyes:

Seems to me you are a little bitter and trying to bring others down...quite a shame really.:(

I agree people shouldn't be posting rumors or starting them. Right now the only person I trust for correct statements is our fellow cruiser on 4/15.

"lack of compensation in this matter.

A refund and a 25% credit isn't enough - what more do you want - a free trip on the space shuttle to the moon.

Oh and welcome to cruise critic.

Cheers

Dennis

Let's keep this thread about the REPAIR. There's already other threads for people who've been inconvenienced.

JJGARV2 We'd love to have your fellow passenger with the crew member spouse visit out post too and help keep everyone updated until Princess comes out with another "official" update.

Princess is putting a new engine in the ship then they are going to test it before we cruise april 1st. Also they said that they really don't want to disappoint all the people who transfered onto our cruises from the canceled ones. I think all should pack their bags and be positive because we will cruise:)

Let's keep this thread about the REPAIR. There's already other threads for people who've been inconvenienced.

JJGARV2 We'd love to have your fellow passenger with the crew member spouse visit out post too and help keep everyone updated until Princess comes out with another "official" update.

I have followed the event of the CB as we just sailed on her in February. The poster with the onboard crew member had more accurate information than anyone at Princess. I hope that they remain in contact with CC.

If I was on the 4/1 sailing and had posts that they are going to Nassau taking 3 days, I would be upset too. Princess should issue a status report. Waiting for parts, schedule for repair etc etc.

I do not understand their lack of understanding what they are causing by giving no information.

Sorry, I mis-spoke, dry dock is in Freeport. I got my info from Princess customer service when I was trying to re-book. I'm not trying to bring anyone down, nor I am bitter, I was lucky to get on another ship. What I was told by Princess was that it was a problem in the port propeller and when the techs looked at it in San Juan it was bigger than expected so it needed to be dry docked. That info was from a week ago. The ship is in San Juan, I saw it today. So, I'm guessing the best bet would be to call Princess directly and get the updates. Relax, I'm not trying to offend or bring anybody down.

Princess is putting a new engine in the ship then they are going to test it before we cruise april 1st. Also they said that they really don't want to disappoint all the people who transfered onto our cruises from the canceled ones. I think all should pack their bags and be positive because we will cruise:)

Would you care to share the source of this info? And do you think they wanted to disappoint those on the cancelled sailings? If the ship is repaired it will sail, if not they will disappoint... again. It is a matter of mechanics and business.

Word according to the wife of a crewmember, who posted on another thread, is that the crew has been informed that they are still waiting on the part, but they have also been informed that the April 1 sailing is still a go. This is good news. :)

Word according to the wife of a crewmember, who posted on another thread, is that the crew has been informed that they are still waiting on the part, but they have also been informed that the April 1 sailing is still a go. This is good news. :)

Great news for all of us from April 1 and on. I'm PRETTY confident we'll make our April 22 trip. Hope everyone before us cruises too!

I have a friend on the ship and, as of a few days ago, they were staying in San Juan and the ship was being fixed there. I wrote to him today to see if there are any updates, but no word so far. When I hear something, I'll share it, if I can. Right now, the crew is taking inventory, cleaning and doing some fixing up. I don't think there is any refurbishing going on. At least not that I heard (which means nothing more than I didn't hear about it).

Hope the wife of the crew member posts some info. Funny thing though, the crew knew what we knew, when we knew it. No more, although in some cases, less. I don't think anyone knew. I'm assuming they tried what they could to sail, but it turned out a bigger job than they already feared.

I have a friend on the ship and, as of a few days ago, they were staying in San Juan and the ship was being fixed there. I wrote to him today to see if there are any updates, but no word so far. When I hear something, I'll share it, if I can. Right now, the crew is taking inventory, cleaning and doing some fixing up. I don't think there is any refurbishing going on. At least not that I heard (which means nothing more than I didn't hear about it).

Hope the wife of the crew member posts some info. Funny thing though, the crew knew what we knew, when we knew it. No more, although in some cases, less. I don't think anyone knew. I'm assuming they tried what they could to sail, but it turned out a bigger job than they already feared.

I'll be anxiously waiting for the next update from your friend. :)

Word of advice... Watch your e-mail. That is how we were notified that our 3/25 sailing was canceled. Didn't help much with both of us at work. We listed DH cell phone as our # of choice and they called our house number hours later with a recorded message. I sincerely hope all your cruises go off without a hitch but I would at least entertain the notion of plan B. Flights are limited as well as ships. We were fortunate to be able to get 2 cabins on Celebrity and are sailing on sarurday. I hope they get CB back to her former glory and she kicks butt across the atlantic! Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!

Does this mean that the incident didn't involve the azipod?

Archived